Turn on thread page Beta

Tattoo, or no tattoo? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Read the whole post, and then you'll find it is constructive. :rolleyes:

the bit you missed: "Both the placement and the subject just look random."

You didn't really expect all opinions to be positive did you?

i did read the whole post... none of which was much constructive.

how is the subject random...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by make-cookies-not-war)
    What exactly are you looking for by asking this question?

Like I said before, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks,

i was looking for opinions, but if they were to be negative some input into why it was.

sometimes i make silly decisions so i was just seeing whether it was a completely random and stupid tattoo

i unfortunately care about what people think.

i do really like the idea of it.
    i have time to think it over and obsess about it though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone comment on your weight?! You look fine:p: ..

It certainly does not look slutty, go for it if you really want to - but in all honesty, and this is just my opinion, i think in order to have "permenant" art on my skin, it must be something very dear to me and have a meaning - not just because it "looks cool" or whatever, because then you might end up regretting it..

ReputationRep:
    I say don't get it, simply 'cause you asked the question!
    You're stuck with it for life. If you're unsure now, think about this time next year or later...and you're not fat
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I like it

It's your body, so if you want it, get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)
    i did read the whole post... none of which was much constructive.

how is the subject random...?
    A blunt, single object. There's nothing going on. I suppose I'm looking at it from an artist's perspective though.

I would argue that's not a 'random' subject in the same sense. Though admittedly it would cost more. (Only thing I could find that's similar).

ReputationRep:
    i was looking for opinions, but if they were to be negative some input into why it was.

sometimes i make silly decisions so i was just seeing whether it was a completely random and stupid tattoo

i unfortunately care about what people think.

i do really like the idea of it.
    i have time to think it over and obsess about it though :p:
    Yeah well thinking it over is definitely a good idea And when it comes to tattoos, you really just need to go with what you like, and not everyone will agree, but if you're the kind of person who is bothered by that, then it appears that the majority of the replies on this thread don't like the positioning (well maybe about 50% of replies) so take from that what you will, good luck with it anyhow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    A blunt, single object. There's nothing going on. I suppose I'm looking at it from an artist's perspective though.

I would argue that's not a 'random' subject in the same sense. Though admittedly it would cost more. (Only thing I could find that's similar).

ahh ok, fair enough.

i know i would not get any colours, just black.
    but i could look into getting a design made....
    i like stars...? oh i dont know what i would get around it :o:
    but will defo look into that

THANKS. btw :o:

ive i havent already said in this, this is my first look into getting a tattoo, and unless i am TOTALLY sure, i wont be getting ANYTHING put on my body. by saying i was 18 in two weeks was merely stating that i can legally get one on my own soon, not to WHEN i was getting it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well thinking it over is definitely a good idea And when it comes to tattoos, you really just need to go with what you like, and not everyone will agree, but if you're the kind of person who is bothered by that, then it appears that the majority of the replies on this thread don't like the positioning (well maybe about 50% of replies) so take from that what you will, good luck with it anyhow

yeah defo will look into the ins outs of the design and position. (even though i dont REALLY think its that random. but my sisters boyfriend is a tattoo freak, so will be asking him about stuff :p: )
    and btw, thanks for the help

would have gave you rep if i didnt already give it this morning
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    yeah defo will look into the ins outs of the design and position. (even though i dont REALLY think its that random. but my sisters boyfriend is a tattoo freak, so will be asking him about stuff :p: )
    and btw, thanks for the help

would have gave you rep if i didnt already give it this morning
    :woo:
    Aw thanks I've been looking into getting a tattoo for a few years now and still can't decide on mine!

ReputationRep:
    i like it, make it nearer the shoulder though

ReputationRep:
    Aw thanks I've been looking into getting a tattoo for a few years now and still can't decide on mine!
    i know its hard!
    it took my big big sister 9 years.
    9 YEARS.
    haha.

and if its going to be there for life then a couple of years doesnt seem so bad....

ReputationRep:
    Looks st00pid. Why there? And what is it? Can't see the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Looks st00pid. Why there? And what is it? Can't see the point.
    youre st00pid.
    why not.
    you dont care.
    why ask?

so shh. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    youre st00pid.
    why not.
    you dont care.
    why ask?

so shh. :rolleyes:
    So you're asking for opinions that correlate with your own.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    So you're asking for opinions that correlate with your own.

:rofl:

i have taken comments on board. actually and not getting a plain one and most likely moving it :rolleyes:

im not taking yours cos you clearly havent read the thread.

where: because i dont want a tramp stamp and want to wear strapless dress.

what: pisces symbol / letter H for "hannah..."

ReputationRep:
    Need some advice.

18 in 2 weeks, and wanted to get a tattoo, but ive been discouraged by a few people saying its like a tramp stamp or whatever.

anyway, please give me advice on whether this tattoo is a good or bad decision (temporary tattoo although the real one wouldnt be squint and edges missing :p: )

PLEASE. NO FAT JOKES. I JUST WANT ADVICE ON THE TATTOO, NOT MY WEIGHT.
    No it's not a tramp stamp And fat?!?! Wth!
    In my opinion the positioning is a little odd, if it were me i would probably go for the shoulder blade but at the end of the day you're the one that is going to have to live with it and no one can tell you what's best for you.

ReputationRep:
    Don't change the positioning!! It's more unique then getting it somewhere everyone else would expect it to be

Also it is a beautiful idea, it could like mentioned before maybe edit the design and work around that as a main, but a unique and simple tattoo not too complicated i mean not as an insult :P

And Fat? Pshht I have seen more fat on a pen

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks a bit tacky. Bit of a random place to put it too, as some other people have said.
    I don't know what makes you think people would call you fat?! You've got a nice body, and it's just my opinion, but I think that tattoo would be like graffiti.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky21)
    I think it looks a bit tacky. Bit of a random place to put it too, as some other people have said.
    I don't know what makes you think people would call you fat?! You've got a nice body, and it's just my opinion, but I think that tattoo would be like graffiti.

do you think that about ANY tattoo, or this one in general?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.