Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EU eligible for a loan from UK banks ? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone...

Am a greek student who lusts to study in London...already applied for BA Journalism at couple unis...

As i do finding difficulties with my financials.....am thinking of taking a loan from my original coutry.However i will consider the possibility of taking one
    by a UK bank

Is this feasible ?

Thank you....

ReputationRep:
    I very much doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Is it that you have no money at all?

Read into this in the first instance: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...es/DG_10035218

The university you apply to might also be able to offer you financial help in the form of bursaries - look on their websites to see if such help is available.

ReputationRep:
    Well thank you..both...

True is i don't my parent's do...anyway am determined to study and probably they will agree on taking the loan from here...

If am not wasting your time..could any one made an estimation about each year's expesenses
    am reckoning about 12k ??
    What about central Lonodon cheaper the contrary...?

Once again
    Thank you all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParisK)
    Well thank you..both...

True is i don't my parent's do...anyway am determined to study and probably they will agree on taking the loan from here...

If am not wasting your time..could any one made an estimation about each year's expesenses
    am reckoning about 12k ??
    What about central Lonodon cheaper the contrary...?

Once again
    Thank you all...
    That's a sensible estimation for accommodation and living costs in London, yes. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    That's a sensible estimation for accommodation and living costs in London, yes. :yes:

What about areas..is there any particular good for it's prices
    any recommendations...?

ReputationRep:

Sorry to ask again..but you these are only for living costs and accomondation...without the tuition fees...?

Adding the tuition fees...is about 15k?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to ask again..but you these are only for living costs and accomondation...without the tuition fees...?

Thanks
    You don't need to pay tuition fees upfront. You can get a tuition fee loan from UK student finance because Greece is in the EU-and this doesn't need to be paid back until after you've finished your degree and you're earning more than £15000.

You might want to read through this if you haven't already: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...ries/index.htm

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Around that, yes. This is a good estimate if you want to not have to worry about your finances whilst studying. It'll be enough to allow you to live without particularly strict budgeting, which I'm sure you'll want as an 'international student' - though you'll get a loan to cover your tuition fees.

ReputationRep:
    Around that, yes. This is a good estimate if you want to not have to worry about your finances whilst studying. It'll be enough to allow you to live without particularly strict budgeting, which I'm sure you'll want as an 'international student' - though you'll get a loan to cover your tuition fees.
    Well...about the tuition fee loan i've done my research and...because am already studying here yet i do not intend to finish my studies they told me
    that i am probably not entitled...

Do you reckon if i ''forget'' to mention that i was studying here but having not finished then i am get it...?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Well...about the tuition fee loan i've done my research and...because am already studying here yet i do not intend to finish my studies they told me
    that i am probably not entitled...

Do you reckon if i ''forget'' to mention that i was studying here but having not finished then i am get it...?

Cheers
    Ah, no, definitely don't lie/deceive. Such behaviour WILL get found out, and the consequences will be terrible.

You'll need to cover tuition fees yourself, too, then.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, no, definitely don't lie/deceive. Such behaviour WILL get found out, and the consequences will be terrible.

You'll need to cover tuition fees yourself, too, then.

I do intend to....

So your honest opinion...only for 10 months as the summer thinking of doing -hopefully- a full time occupation..

Can i sustain myself with 9k for 10 months...if for instance am in the greater London...?

ReputationRep:
    I do intend to....

So your honest opinion...only for 10 months as the summer thinking of doing -hopefully- a full time occupation..

Can i sustain myself with 9k for 10 months...if for instance am in the greater London...?
    You can get an idea of London student accommodation prices here.

Assuming you went for accommodation of £200 a week, you'd be spending £9,000 on accomodation alone for 45 weeks.

Food/social/course costs, on average, might be £30-40 a week. Another £2,000, almost.

Say, £11,000 over 45 weeks, for accommodation and living costs?

ReputationRep:
    You can get an idea of London student accommodation prices here.

Assuming you went for accommodation of £200 a week, you'd be spending £9,000 on accomodation alone for 45 weeks.

Food/social/course costs, on average, might be £30-40 a week. Another £2,000, almost.

Say, £11,000 over 45 weeks, for accommodation and living costs?
    Good day...once more thank you..

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.