Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Too ashamed to admit being an Atheist. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nashy19)
    Nope balls are intact.

Why wouldn't they be?
    Oh, haven't you heard. Apparantly religious people are after atheists's balls nowadays. Luckily for me, i'm a girl!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    I am still waiting for your reply :o:,nvm .....
    I replied man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PicsOrGTFO)
    my family are muslim and im an atheist but i do have balls. but i can understand where you're coming from, i actually got bullied for being an atheist by some muslim boys at school!

but why do you feel confused?
    so are those boys who bullied you good examples of the spirit of islam?

ReputationRep:
    I dont know about that, its your life your decision ,i have a feeling that someone now or later will probably spam this thread with islamic quotes.I think you are worried on what might be the reaction of your parents if they discovered it?
    Edit: Abdullah.
    I feel like a ********.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxxxxx)
    no, its actually ********s on TSR giving me a hard time.
    ERrr... i think you need to edit your post...

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I wouldn't admit to being atheist if my family was Muslim either.

ReputationRep:
    ERrr... i think you need to edit your post...
    Thanks a gajillion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    Thanks a gajillion
    :yes: Nich problema...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was born a Muslim. I am now an atheist. I find myself lying to hardcore Muslims I meet because I can't be ****** being judged by them.

I am not at atheist because I want to go shag the living day lights out of everyone, or because I hate oppression and am a raging feminist and therefore won't believe in Islam as it conflicts with my personal opinions.

I am an atheist because that is just what conclusion I drew from my short life thus far.

Right now I feel confused and **** because I am a coward. Are there any other atheists out there with no balls?
    I'm a muslim and wouldn't have any problem with anyone converting and those other muslims also shouldn't have a problem everyone can believe what they wish and if they judge you for choosing atheism over islam then they are ignorant fools who do not even represent Islam.

To follow a religion is because of your own belief if you didn't believe it in the first place then you are perfectly justified in converting to atheism because you never were a muslim in the first place simply forced by culture.

ReputationRep:
    I was born a Muslim.
    Nobody is BORN a Muslim. Islam is something that's indoctrinated into you.

I am now an atheist. I find myself lying to hardcore Muslims I meet because I can't be ****** being judged by them.

I am not at atheist because I want to go shag the living day lights out of everyone, or because I hate oppression and am a raging feminist and therefore won't believe in Islam as it conflicts with my personal opinions.

I am an atheist because that is just what conclusion I drew from my short life thus far.

Right now I feel confused and **** because I am a coward. Are there any other atheists out there with no balls?
    Why be ashamed of not being a moron?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to me like you've turned Atheist because you have been forced into following a religion you don't believe in.

There's nothing wrong with being an Atheist, I'm one myself. I don't know how your family would take it if you told them, though. Depends on how Muslim they are I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    i understand :hugs: i also have trouble telling people because they are "hardcore christians" it might taqke you a while even untill universtiy, what about your family are thery hardcore? hgow about just playing along with it, i use bible quotes to make people shut up, like this one guy claims that the muslims are all wantting to blow us up. so i quote some bible verses like "love thy nieghbour" and all that, try not to talk about religion but about how dirty that room is etc. etc. you'll be ok one day

Fellow ex-Muslim here... *high five*

It really isn't as hard as you're making it - especially in this country. Have you told your family yet? I was a little nervous at first, but they were accepting and it all turned out fine. They were never too religious though. It may be harder for you as a woman, but you'll have to come out sooner or later. Test the water a little - if you think they'll freak out, just wait until you're independent.

When meeting people, establish your atheism fairly early on when you get the opportunity - don't let people assume anything. There's no need to mention being an ex-Muslim. As long as you project confidence, I don't think anyone will hassle you. This is a free country, and your beliefs are nobody else's business. If someone does try to confront you, just be civil and remind them of your right to believe as you please. You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Don't be intimidated.

ReputationRep:
    I was born a Muslim. I am now an atheist. I find myself lying to hardcore Muslims I meet because I can't be ****** being judged by them.

I'm similar in the respect that I lie to hardcore muslim friends of mine to prevent any massive arguments. Though it's easy to tell I am because I'll commonly mock the concept of God in my everyday speech. I let them figure it out

AL-MURTADEEN GOTTA STICK TOGETHER

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SouthernFreerider)
    they should ashamed of being religious.

THAT's embarassing.
    Sorry, she's the one making herself feel embarrassed , they haven't said anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    Nobody is BORN a Muslim. Islam is something that's indoctrinated into you.
    No, ideology is something which is indoctrinated into you.

ReputationRep:

Why do you need to tell your personal beliefs to everyone you meet ? You don't need to shout 'HEY I HATE GOD' or whatever, keep it to yourself. Doesn't make you a coward, it's called being private about some matters.

ReputationRep:

If you want to be an atheist, thats fine, why shouldn't it be, because muslims judge you and oppress you? (your own words)

Out of curiousity, when you said that Islam conflicts with your personal opinions, what do you mean?

Thanks

ReputationRep:

Yes! Tell people you are an atheist! You can still be an atheist and have morals, I do.

It's the religious people that should be embarrassed - as they believe in something that cannot logically be proven other than some 2000 year old text. They are the fools. Not you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayK)
    No, ideology is something which is indoctrinated into you.
    And what do you call Islam? I call it an ideology.

You honestly believe a person can be BORN a muslim? Do you also believe that people can be born supporting Labour?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.