Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Come on people: post your before and afters, before lifts, after lifts, before weights, after weights, the length of time between and what your routine was like!

I'll post mine after a few have contributed as I don't want this to be me camera whoring.

ReputationRep:
    like everyone hasn't seen lol

most recent changes would be.

say 10 weeks ago

Spoiler:
    Show

and say a week ago

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    That's a good cut Adonis. But are you holding the bar pissed when you bench? You're left delt and upper pectoral are bigger than your right.

ReputationRep:
    LOL

I bench correctly =P

it's partially the angle, but yes my left side is bigger than my right, not much I can do about it .. I bench about the same even with DB's on either side

also my right chest inserts more differently to my left, so even at the same level of development it looks smaller (albeit not by much but it's noticeable if you look for it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)

say 10 weeks ago

Spoiler:
    Show

and say a week ago

Spoiler:
    Show
    Nice mate, but 10 weeks? Thats awesome.. How? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basstard)
    That's a good cut Adonis. But are you holding the bar pissed when you bench? You're left delt and upper pectoral are bigger than your right.

better angle/pic

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyC)
    Nice mate, but 10 weeks? Thats awesome.. How? :woo:
    low carbs
    low calories
    high protein
    high cardio
    high weights volume.

I actually could've done better lol because I wasn't perfect for all of it ... but hey better to be 80-90% for 100% of the time. than 100% for 10% of the time

ReputationRep:
    2 months of starting strength so far, all in kilos
    ...............Before....After
    Squat 3x5....55.......110
    Bench 3x5....50........80
    Deadlift 1x5..65.......145
    Press 3x5.....40........60
    Clean 5x3.....40........75

Weight went from 79 to 88 kilos. I can still see my abs, but they're slightly less defined than before. My legs exploded, have had to buy new jeans. Added 3 cm to arms, and 7ish to chest.

ReputationRep:
    haven't you done, like, 60 of these threads already? :rolleyes:

you're obsessed. and a tad narcissistic might I add.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    2 months of starting strength so far, all in kilos
    ...............Before....After
    Squat 3x5....55.......110
    Bench 3x5....50........80
    Deadlift 1x5..65.......145
    Press 3x5.....40........60
    Clean 5x3.....40........75

Weight went from 79 to 88 kilos. I can still see my abs, but they're slightly less defined than before. My legs exploded, have had to buy new jeans. Added 3 cm to arms, and 7ish to chest.
    good gains....my mate who is part German makes good gains as well very fast. Saying that he is 18 stone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)

say 10 weeks ago

Spoiler:
    Show

and say a week ago

Spoiler:
    Show
    how did you look after like 4 weeks of dieting? I'm not bothered about getting rid of every last bit of fat.......so if I can get rid of a good chunk in 4 weeks and be in decent lean shape I'd be happy.

ReputationRep:
    22 weeks: 435lb -> 357lb.

Method: stopped eating a zillion calories/day and got off the sofa :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    435 lbs is collosal...well done on your weight loss so far!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    how did you look after like 4 weeks of dieting? I'm not bothered about getting rid of every last bit of fat.......so if I can get rid of a good chunk in 4 weeks and be in decent lean shape I'd be happy.

TBH you aren't going to change much in 4 weeks, whatever you do

your body needs at least 2-3 weeks to 'get into the groove' as it were, so you're only effectively dieting for 1-2 weeks

24th November

http://taleb.co.uk/24-11.jpg

to 31st December

http://taleb.co.uk/9wo.jpg
    http://taleb.co.uk/9.jpg

then took me what, 3-4 weeks to get my current state which has been harder to shift despite more work/harder dieting/drugs

so I'd say 6-8 weeks MINIMUM regardless of where you wanna end up

ReputationRep:
    good gains....my mate who is part German makes good gains as well very fast. Saying that he is 18 stone
    Thank you. I hope I can keep the gains up another month or so, would be great. Although my grip is failing on the DL =/.
    Does your mate also do SS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    haven't you done, like, 60 of these threads already?

you're obsessed. and a tad narcissistic might I add.
    What are you even talking about? This is like my first post in this subforum in like six months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    Thank you. I hope I can keep the gains up another month or so, would be great. Although my grip is failing on the DL =/.
    Does your mate also do SS?
    No LOL...I try and get him to do a basic routine of splitting bench/deadifts/squats and then sort of let him do what he wants then....he don't really do deadlifts because he keeps curving his back and not bending his knees and I think he's give up on them....so I whack the barbell on a low stand so he don't have to bend knees and can keep a straight back...he whacked 3 20kg plates either side(140kg)...deadlifted it 5 times and then did 10 shrugs and did that for 3 sets...pretty sure he did it all for both hand with over hand grip...this is the first time he's ever done them....he has got big hands and forearms though.

His bro is the same.....about 16 stone at 6ft 2...and ripped(10% bodyfat about)....only does machine weights apart from bicep curls with dumbells and does 5 sets and 20 reps on every machine....eat about 2 meals a day which consist of probably a pizza or sausage roll....problem is they both put on muscle so easily they think their training and diet is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    No LOL...I try and get him to do a basic routine of splitting bench/deadifts/squats and then sort of let him do what he wants then....he don't really do deadlifts because he keeps curving his back and not bending his knees and I think he's give up on them....so I whack the barbell on a low stand so he don't have to bend knees and can keep a straight back...he whacked 3 20kg plates either side(140kg)...deadlifted it 5 times and then did 10 shrugs and did that for 3 sets...pretty sure he did it all for both hand with over hand grip...this is the first time he's ever done them....he has got big hands and forearms though.

His bro is the same.....about 16 stone at 6ft 2...and ripped(
    10% bodyfat about)....only does machine weights apart from bicep curls with dumbells and does 5 sets and 20 reps on every machine....eat about 2 meals a day which consist of probably a pizza or sausage roll....problem is they both put on muscle so easily they think their training and diet is amazing.
    Yeah I've been doing double overhand too, need to change to mixed now I guess.
    We have a guy like that where I work, he deadlifted 135 kg on his first try.. 'pure gewalt' as we say in German. He never trained anything before that.
    I'm just really glad I found that program. It's really working wonders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    What are you even talking about? This is like my first post in this subforum in like six months.
    My bad, I thought Adonis had started this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by av2606)
    Impressive, good job. What was your diet and routine during those 10 weeks, if you don't mind giving exact details.
    first 6 weeks
    low carbs, i.e. sub 80g/day

then switched to higher carb/low fat (under 50g/day)

aim was 6 days a week, 2 hours cardio a day and 2 x 60 min workouts

sometimes I did that, sometimes was just the 1 weights session and 1 cardio

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.