Turn on thread page Beta

Progress Thread! watch

ReputationRep:
    I just took progress photos for the first time (hence why I was interested in the thread). This is a year's training (a little under, actually), on and off (skipped last summer basically, and holidays).

This is what I looked like before the lifting. Never played any competitive sports in my life, or trained before, or ran.

And after:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Lower Body:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Lower 2:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Upper Body 1:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Upper Body 2:
    Spoiler:
    Show

All together:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    not bad, not bad

you have what i'd call a swimmers body

what is interesting just from a personal viewpoint is how defined/developed your abs are compared to mine, but your shoulders/arms/legs aren't as defined as me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    not bad, not bad

you have what i'd call a swimmers body

what is interesting just from a personal viewpoint is how defined/developed your abs are compared to mine, but your shoulders/arms/legs aren't as defined as me.
    My lifts aren't as big, I wouldn't expect them to be. I have quite a lot of core strength though (i can almost do full dragon flags atm, not dropping to horizontal but only like 20degrees above ground).

Also you have a lot less bodyfat than me. My bench squat dead are 90kg/100kg/135kg, OHP: 45kg and clean 65kg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    My lifts aren't as big, I wouldn't expect them to be. I have quite a lot of core strength though (i can almost do full dragon flags atm, not dropping to horizontal but only like 20degrees above ground).

Also you have a lot less bodyfat than me. My bench squat dead are 90kg/100kg/135kg, OHP: 45kg and clean 65kg.
    bench 90 but squat 100? What do you feel is limiting the squat atm?

ReputationRep:
    Just so you know, I approve of the photos in this thread...

ReputationRep:
    I've had a nice few weeks progress wise - I reset at the start of term to squat 80 3x5, deadlift 105 1x5, military press 40 3x5 (and others, but these are my main indicators of strength) and have recently squatted 110 3x5, deadlifted 122.5 1x5 and military pressed 47.5 3x5 (and 50 1x5) with singles in the squat of 130 and deadlift of 145. Pretty happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gone Revising)
    that's what I want to know

DL too

hell I could do 140 on squats and 180 on deads and still not do 90 on bench

are these 1rm or 5rm or what?

ReputationRep:
    first 6 weeks
    low carbs, i.e. sub 80g/day

then switched to higher carb/low fat (under 50g/day)

aim was 6 days a week, 2 hours cardio a day and 2 x 60 min workouts

sometimes I did that, sometimes was just the 1 weights session and 1 cardio
    how did you fit two hours cardio into a single day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by An Equalibrium)
    how did you fit two hours cardio into a single day?
    there's time.

just be efficient with it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm similarly interested - and also interested in the 90kg bench with a 45kg military press. I can press 50kg for 5 reps yet still can't bench 90kg for a single. Maybe a case of not benching to the chest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I'm similarly interested - and also interested in the 90kg bench with a 45kg military press. I can press 50kg for 5 reps yet still can't bench 90kg for a single. Maybe a case of not benching to the chest?
    i dont think that even that would explain such a large difference.

ReputationRep:
    there's time.

just be efficient with it.
    Can i ask what kind of routine you're doing now you have shifted your weight?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I'm standard OHPing. These are all 5rms or 5rworkweights. I always found squat progression difficult, and I haven't heavy squatted in about 2-3months since i've been on WSFSB, I've only been doing front (current workweight of 62.5) or high bar (55kg) squats. I'm benching to the chest, I don't cheat, don't accuse me of cheating. I'm having trouble with cleans atm, so maybe it's my lack of glute activation?

Also, after 2-3months on WSFSB I'm getting seriously squat edge. TIRED OF DOING CHEST ****. Can anyone reccomend a good post-SS routine that involves cleans, ohp, lots of fun squat exercieses like bulgarian splits overheads zerchers and fronts and that I can work pull-ups into?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I'm standard OHPing. These are all 5rms or 5rworkweights. I always found squat progression difficult, and I haven't heavy squatted in about 2-3months since i've been on WSFSB, I've only been doing front (current workweight of 62.5) or high bar (55kg) squats. I'm benching to the chest, I don't cheat, don't accuse me of cheating. I'm having trouble with cleans atm, so maybe it's my lack of glute activation?

Also, after 2-3months on WSFSB I'm getting seriously squat edge. TIRED OF DOING CHEST ****. Can anyone reccomend a good post-SS routine that involves cleans, ohp, lots of fun squat exercieses like bulgarian splits overheads zerchers and fronts and that I can work pull-ups into?
    This is the last question ill ask now, but why is your highbar squat so low compared to the other? I only squat high bar and im fairly certain that my low bar squat would not be almost double what i squat now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I military press 50 for 5, and i can bench 90 for 1, just about .

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the middle of a bulk so I'll just wait a bit before posting pics. Or I'll just take a few pics anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRamAlot)
    I'm in the middle of a bulk so I'll just wait a bit before posting pics. Or I'll just take a few pics anyway.
    do it !!

ReputationRep:
    This is the last question ill ask now, but why is your highbar squat so low compared to the other? I only squat high bar and im fairly certain that my low bar squat would not be almost double what i squat now.
    Because I've only just started high bar squatting. How much can you push press comfortably to get the bar up? Or do you start with the bar in the collars and in the squat position?

ReputationRep:
    Because I've only just started high bar squatting. How much can you push press comfortably to get the bar up? Or do you start with the bar in the collars and in the squat position?
    I start with the bar in the collars, itll be a long time before i can push press 95kg, my presses are ****.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.