Turn on thread page Beta

which energy-efficient SFF Dell PC: Zino HD vs. Studio Hybrid watch

• View Poll Results: zino HD vs. studio hybrid (relating to given specs)
    Zino HD
    0%
    Studio Hybrid
    0%

ReputationRep:
    looking for fastest - mainly office/ photoshop (large files) loading & multi-tasking, best HD watching PC:

Zino HD (~£525)
    AMD X2 6850E 1.8GHz 512k
    Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit
    ATI Radeon™ HD 4330 512MB graphics
    6144MB Dual Channel DDR2 800MHz [1x2048 + 1x4096] Memory
    1TB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive
    8X DVD+/- RW Optical Drive (DVD & CD read and write)

or

Studio Hybrid (~£400)
    Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile processor - 2.0Ghz processor (T5800, 2MB L2 cache, 800Mhz FSB)
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
    3072MB DDR2 RAM - 800Mhz
    320GB SATA (5,400 RPM) hard disk
    Slot Load - DVD+/-RW 8x drive

Am in Uk, so not always the latest PC's or Cheapest prices.

So which one is it?

Thanks,

Sem.

ReputationRep:
    build your own?

mini-itx motherboard with good built in graphics (geforce 9300-9400) with a decent intel processor with plenty of ram and storage space would cost you about £350-£400. Will do everything you want it to do.

I built mine for £340. 2.8 ghz dual core, 4gb of ram, 1tb of hd. 9300 graphics does HD films with no sweat. In this case: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169877. You may prefer the more stylish cases of zino/hybird. but it will cost you more.

ReputationRep:
    hey thanks, though yes it is the small form factor that really piques my interests, I want something I can take in a bag when in I wish to visit places - with just an extra wireless keyboard & cables (to connect to someone else's plasma/ lcd screen)... I find laptops restrictive :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 14, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.