Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

which energy-efficient SFF Dell PC: Zino HD vs. Studio Hybrid watch

• View Poll Results: zino HD vs. studio hybrid (relating to given specs)
    Zino HD
    0%
    Studio Hybrid
    0%

ReputationRep:
    looking for fastest - mainly office/ photoshop (large files) loading & multi-tasking, best HD watching PC:

Zino HD (~£525)
    AMD X2 6850E 1.8GHz 512k
    Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit
    ATI Radeon™ HD 4330 512MB graphics
    6144MB Dual Channel DDR2 800MHz [1x2048 + 1x4096] Memory
    1TB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive
    8X DVD+/- RW Optical Drive (DVD & CD read and write)

or

Studio Hybrid (~£400)
    Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile processor - 2.0Ghz processor (T5800, 2MB L2 cache, 800Mhz FSB)
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
    3072MB DDR2 RAM - 800Mhz
    320GB SATA (5,400 RPM) hard disk
    Slot Load - DVD+/-RW 8x drive

Am in Uk, so not always the latest PC's or Cheapest prices.

So which one is it?

Thanks,

Sem.

ReputationRep:
    build your own?

mini-itx motherboard with good built in graphics (geforce 9300-9400) with a decent intel processor with plenty of ram and storage space would cost you about £350-£400. Will do everything you want it to do.

I built mine for £340. 2.8 ghz dual core, 4gb of ram, 1tb of hd. 9300 graphics does HD films with no sweat. In this case: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169877. You may prefer the more stylish cases of zino/hybird. but it will cost you more.

ReputationRep:
    hey thanks, though yes it is the small form factor that really piques my interests, I want something I can take in a bag when in I wish to visit places - with just an extra wireless keyboard & cables (to connect to someone else's plasma/ lcd screen)... I find laptops restrictive :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.