Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Clamydia with no Symptoms, how was this possible? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi people, as above I found out I was positive for Clamydia. To recieve the shocking news over the phone made me cry as I was not sure how this was possible. The last time I had a HIV test was in 2007 which was negative and since then I have been in two relationships one in 2008 and one in 2009. So i'm guessing there may be a big possibility that it may be the one in 2008. As I had no symptoms i'm sure I would of had some symtoms if it was before then. Even worse I think I may have passed it on to my ex I recently broke up with, which I have told and he will be getting checked.

I'm reading up on the internet how if Clamydia is not treated you may get infertile and not be able to have children, I have been stressing and crying so much that I don't know what to do. I have to wait to get the other results to see if I got anything else. This is so mad, has anyone else been through this and not had any symptoms or if you did what symptoms did you have?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Chlamydia usually doesn't have any symptoms, especially in women. It's one reason it's so common.

Telling your ex's is good, but you can't point fingers at any of them. If you've never been tested for it, it could have been anyone back to and including the first.

ReputationRep:
    Clamydia is renowned for being asymptomatic in most people which is why the NHS are trying to encourage young people to use the self-testing kits. I think to cause infertility you would have to have had it for years and years. Try not to worry to much - just be glad u found out and are able to get treatment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Chlamydia usually doesn't have any symptoms, especially in women. It's one reason it's so common.

Telling your ex's is good, but you can't point fingers at any of them. If you've never been tested for it, it could have been anyone back to and including the first.
    Well yeah I can point fingers at my recent ex, because the one before said that He got tested for everything and things were fine, so if I had clamydia when I was with him then he would of had this right? cause I would of passed it to him. So if hes telling the truth, this only leaves my recent ex who I have recently broken up with and hes the only one that could of given me this std.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misstalkalot)
    Well yeah I can point fingers at my recent ex, because the one before said that He got tested for everything and things were fine, so if I had clamydia when I was with him then he would of had this right? cause I would of passed it to him. So if hes telling the truth, this only leaves my recent ex who I have recently broken up with and hes the only one that could of given me this std.
    It sounds likely, but then you also have to ask yourself how much you trust what the previous guy said...

There's not much point getting mad at him - he probably didn't know he had it; most people don't, which is the problem. If he did know, he'd have got treated, as treatment is VERY simple.

ReputationRep:
    No symptoms is pretty common..

*hug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    No symptoms is pretty common..

*hug*
    *clap*

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is unfortunately possible, which is why people need to get checked even if they don't have any symptoms. Around 70% of women don't have symptoms of chlamydia whereas for men, this figure is around 50%.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.