Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing my final year 11 GCSE Art/Photography project. The theme is "Work, Rest and Play".

I have alot of ideas for some of the pages for each subject, and i'm trying to make each page interesting and unique.

Have you got any ideas on what will make an A/A* art sketchbook? What things are best to include to achieve the higher grades?

I have to do 4-6 pages on each subject,
    and then start the development/final piece ideas. What shall I include on these pages? What type of things should i use or add in my sketchbook to get the higher marks?

Thank you for any one who comments with suggestions, it would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I've got the same for Photography though.
    I was thinking something based around guitars, because it's related to work, rest and play.
    Work - Music
    Rest - chilling out and playing
    Play - Music for entertainment.

But I dont know any photographers or artists related to it. :P
    On the exam paper, there are quite a lot of artists to hint, so it might be useful.

ReputationRep:
    Right, i got an A* in my Art GCSE, but i did mine on Tropical fruits.

Okay,well you defintely need to do an observational drawing of a guitar. Take a picture of it and then draw, it'll be easier. Make it look PERFECT. Then trace it, and do it in another media e.g. pencil crayons, water colours. Again quite tight intrecate work. Okay, now once you have done this go creative. Perhaps make a guitar on a board using polyfiller and just craft it and paint it It will look brilliant. I haven't looked at Guitar artists, just use any artists that may influence you. Remember to get an A* you really need to work for it!

Good luck, I hope you ACE it!

ReputationRep:
    Right, i got an A* in my Art GCSE, but i did mine on Tropical fruits.

Okay,well you defintely need to do an observational drawing of a guitar. Take a picture of it and then draw, it'll be easier. Make it look PERFECT. Then trace it, and do it in another media e.g. pencil crayons, water colours. Again quite tight intrecate work. Okay, now once you have done this go creative. Perhaps make a guitar on a board using polyfiller and just craft it and paint it It will look brilliant. I haven't looked at Guitar artists, just use any artists that may influence you. Remember to get an A* you really need to work for it!

Good luck, I hope you ACE it!

ReputationRep:
    A guy in my class in GCSE art got an A* and did his on musical instruments. He went to car boot sales and stuff, bought loads of cheap instruments and for his final piece put them altogether in this sculpture thing. It was awesome - all the instruments still worked so he could play his artwork

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in GCSE art but my exam was I, Me, Mine =)
    For guitars and music in general: an artist you could use is Austin Shaw, who did a set of illustrations on music, which are on his site and some of them have guys playing guitars in =) also Ryohei ********* does some digital and oil paint artwork on gigs and stuff.

For my pages, i made sure there was something original done by me on every page, like even on artist research pages i did my own work using the artists style and that made my marks go up =) also transcriptions and lots of drawings generally, even through ideas development, do your main ideas and then try them out in different styles and close ups and angles and stuff. That also helps your marks for media testing and also just experiment. Also you might already have been told to do this but do observational pictures and draw from them as well. I think the reason i got an A as well was because I really liked the topic and my work turned out better cuz i was interested in it...if that makes any sense xD so i would say make sure you're really into the work youre doing =) Good luck with it!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.