Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ughh this is my little rant...
    Why do so many girls feel the need to get dressed up for the gym? Do guys find it attractive to see a girl with a ton of fake tan, make up, jewellery and hair perfect!?! There are soo many of them at my local gym and i am seriously getting annoyed at the amount of girls wasting my time pretending they need to use the equipment when really they are just there for a new boyfriend? I turn up in my trackies and my hoodie with my hair a state because im not there to find a guy but "Shock" there to exercise!!
    Anyway that was my rant haha anyone else annoyed with it? Or is it just normal and im weird?

ReputationRep:
    I does seem pointless but it really doesn't bother me. I don't care about my appearance that much. They do. So if it makes them happy, who am I to stand in their way?

ReputationRep:
    Yes but they hog the machines! Its annoying!

ReputationRep:
    It seems a bit pointless but, meh, it's up to them. I have seen girls go in make-up, then sweat, and have it all down their faces. That's a great look.

I like to read at the gym, and there are all these lads who think they're awesome who used to go to my school - turning up with a copy of Catch 22 will get you death looks.

ReputationRep:
    Self-respect.

ReputationRep:
    Coz they want to.... better than look trampy or disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afrotortina)
    but its the friggin' gym! I dont do it, and i have never been told i look disgusting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !Marilyn!)
    but its the friggin' gym! I dont do it, and i have never been told i look disgusting
    So? Its not really a big deal. I didnt refer to you looking disgusting, I just meant in general its better for people to bother with their appearence. I dont see why a thread needs to be made about it. Chillax!!

ReputationRep:
    You're not gonna look trampy or disgusting if you go to the gym without any makeup. I think those names should be used if someone looks scruffy or is unhygenic!
    And I'm pretty sure a man would be more attracted someone that goes au naturel to the gym, because it's a casual thing.

ReputationRep:
    So? Its not really a big deal. I didnt refer to you looking disgusting, I just meant in general its better for people to bother with their appearence. I dont see why a thread needs to be made about it. Chillax!!
    haha like i said at the start i was just having a rant lol we all need to let off steam at some point! hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samieee 8))
    You're not gonna look trampy or disgusting if you go to the gym without any makeup. I think those names should be used if someone looks scruffy or is unhygenic!
    And I'm pretty sure a man would be more attracted someone that goes au naturel to the gym, because it's a casual thing.
    Thank you hehe

ReputationRep:
    Why do so many girls feel the need to get dressed up for the gym? Do guys find it attractive to see a girl with a ton of fake tan, make up, jewellery and hair perfect!?! There are soo many of them at my local gym and i am seriously getting annoyed at the amount of girls wasting my time pretending they need to use the equipment when really they are just there for a new boyfriend? I turn up in my trackies and my hoodie with my hair a state because im not there to find a guy but "Shock" there to exercise!!
    Anyway that was my rant haha anyone else annoyed with it? Or is it just normal and im weird?
    I think there are some girls that attend the gym just go there to pose and ponce around. Personally I wont go anywhere looking 'a state' but that's just me, I tie my hair up, wear foundation (I don't have great skin) eye liner and mascara. It isn't a real effort, it's just what i do when I leave the house anyway, and when people look at me I don't reckon that they notice I'm wearing it. But I do agree that some people do go the gym JUST to pose, I hate them also XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samieee 8))
    Have you actually seen how some of us look without foundation?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it's probably the ones who go to the gym to pull "fit lads lyk lolz!!1".

(Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Personally, I neither know nor care. I know that comment wasn't directed at me, but I've had enough of women lashing on the make-up in order to cover up something that isn't there in the first place.

The government put all these make-up ads on tv with models doing it, and somehow people get it into their minds that "If I wear this, I'll look like that!"
    No you won't. You'll end up having splashed a load of money on something you don't need.

**** me, us guys don't wear make-up (aside from some of the poofs). Someone I know doesn't wear foundation. Never has, never will. She doesn't have perfect skin, she just doesn't see the point in spending money on something that you spend ages rubbing on in the morning, only to rub it off later.

Make-up realy is a waste of money, in my eyes. Then again, I'm not a vain woman, so I wouldn't really know.

ReputationRep:
    That's one of the reasons I hate gyms. Most of the people there don't actually want to exercise... so I don't want to be the only one pedalling full-speed on an exercise bike with a sweaty face and messy hair.

ReputationRep:
    Use the pool instead. Surely Wotsit-women won't be splashing about in there with their make-up turing the pool into Orangina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Wellll, I guess a little bit of foundation wouldn't matter, but I'm talking about the girls who plaster it on. Even I would put a teeny bit of makeup on, but would still look natural. It's stupid how some girls wear the sort of makeup they would wear on a night out... everyday. It's funny how it all backfires when they sweat and then they have makeup running down their face. Mmmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    I get what you mean, there are a few girls at my gym that do this too but they only come sporadically. They usually hog the cycling machines and pedal really slowly, flicking their hair around every 30 seconds and pushing their chests out whenever they have a potential victim in their sights. It really isn't cool at all :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    Don't judge them. For me the gym is a place everyone is on the same team, no matter what shape/size/age/whatever.

Perhaps they're just insecure about how they look. I imagine if you're the sort of girl who has a "beauty routine", sweating your ass off at the gym might be a pretty scary idea.

ReputationRep:
    I don't find that attractive, period, let alone in the gym.

I honestly think it's ridiculous, and frankly laughable that women actually do this. Seriously, nobody is their to pick up women. They're their to work out. The only people who'll show interest are the split bicep + chest workout guys, and the fat layabout PT's who pretend 'they used to be ripped'.

I go there to workout, then I go home.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.