Turn on thread page Beta

Do you judge people on their clothes? watch

ReputationRep:
    I back what almost everyone else seems to have said.

lol @ caring how much clothes cost. I bet there's starving kids in Africa with a better sense of style than the OP anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yes,
    but not on how cheap or expensive his/her clothes seem.
    I tend to focus on style in a tolerant way.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Nice people who wear crap clothes are still nice people, just like ******** in expensive clothes are still ********.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care. I usually don't remember the clothes people wear anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i don't judge people, but i certainly notice people who look amazing in what they're wearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .pushing.charlotte.)
    i don't judge people.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Subconsciously, yes. You portray your personality in your clothes, or at least that's what I believe. Giving them the once over can usually give you hints at what kind of person they are, what they're interested in... it isn't always right, but 99% of the time it is.

I'd never be able to guess where they actually bought their clothes though. That's one amazing talent you have there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accalia)
    I'd never be able to guess where they actually bought their clothes though. That's one amazing talent you have there.
    It's an acquired talent.

ReputationRep:
    I look at a persons overall style but as for the brand I really couldn't care whether is was designer or primark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    To some degree, yes.

Not in terms of fashion, but more in terms of how neatly they are dressed, and their countenance. If a person wears non-fashionable clothes, I don't care. But if they were shabby/scruffy/n-word clothes, then yes I would judge them.
    Please elaborate on the "N word" clothes.

Because here's what i'm getting from it. you go shabby, scruffy, (both bad) so... n-word = something else bad???... caps and trainers/ tracksuites? is that what you mean? If so why do you connotate dressing like that with being a ******? Is there some kind of special label on the said clothes. I don't f-ing get it and you've really f-ing pissed me off you racist troll.

ReputationRep:
    I look at stylish girls in the street for tips tbh.
    I don't judge generally, everyone around me tends to look average on a day to day basis, because most people don't put effort in for school or college.

On nights out, when people dress up in a way they feel good, you can and sometimes do judge, but that doesn't stop me talking to people and taking in personality too. At the end of the day, if they feel good, thats all that matters.

If someone looks lovely, i'll tell them, and often I stop strangers in the street to ask them where they got something!

Primark make some nice clothes OP. Its about each individual garmet, and not price tag. Actually, if its nice, the cheaper the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glass*****)
    IMHO, the first impression is the only impression, and I always give people the once-over just to see how what they're wearing is worth. I always used to feel quite threatened when other girls talked to my boyfriend because he's extremely good-looking, but now I find that when I give them a quick glance and see Primark shoes or a Matalan top, and instantly I don't feel as bad lol. OK I know I sound a bit shallow, but do you ever give people the once-over to quickly total up what they're wearing?
    So... how do you know a pair of shoes is from Primark unless you shop there yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwurly)
    Please elaborate on the "N word" clothes.

Because here's what i'm getting from it. you go shabby, scruffy, (both bad) so... n-word = something else bad???... caps and trainers/ tracksuites? is that what you mean? If so why do you connotate dressing like that with being a ******? Is there some kind of special label on the said clothes. I don't f-ing get it and you've really f-ing pissed me off you racist troll.
    N-word as in chavvy/low-class.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. Why wouldn't you?

Everyone judges a book by their cover, and first impressions mean everything. When I apply for jobs for example, I make sure I look absolutely spectacular, ignoring no detail. Then I see guys who obviously don't give a toss with their general appearance, and expect their 'personality' to pull through.

As a previous poster said, I believe your personality shows through in your clothing, almost ALL of the time. This instantly gives me a damn good impression of what the person wearing the clothes is like. If I see someone wearing the same Topman recycled shirts/pants/jackets/shoes/othersh!te, I instantly think they're just as bland as their recycled choice of attire.

I definitely notice when someone shows some style, and that just goes to show it's worth the effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamkund)
    Of course. Why wouldn't you?

Everyone judges a book by their cover, and first impressions mean everything. When I apply for jobs for example, I make sure I look absolutely spectacular, ignoring no detail. Then I see guys who obviously don't give a toss with their general appearance, and expect their 'personality' to pull through.

As a previous poster said, I believe your personality shows through in your clothing, almost ALL of the time. This instantly gives me a damn good impression of what the person wearing the clothes is like. If I see someone wearing the same Topman recycled shirts/pants/jackets/shoes/othersh!te, I instantly think they're just as bland as their recycled choice of attire.

I definitely notice when someone shows some style, and that just goes to show it's worth the effort.
    yes, however not everyone bothers with their items of clothing; sme don't make much of an effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon838)
    yes, however not everyone bothers with their items of clothing; sme don't make much of an effort.
    Exactly. That just shows their effort in life. Can't be bothered.

You try less, you should expect less. If you're expecting less already, then you need to get some ******* confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamkund)
    Exactly. That just shows their effort in life. Can't be bothered.

You try less, you should expect less. If you're expecting less already, then you need to get some ******* confidence.
    Okay, but maybe some people see it as a waste of time when they could be concentrating on other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon838)
    Okay, but maybe some people see it as a waste of time when they could be concetrating on other things.
    You seem to be placing a very small amount of importance on this. It actually affects you much more than you'd think.

Like I said, people judge you on how you look. They shouldn't, but they do. Making an effort isn't much of an effort when you consider the payoff.

I look at what girls wear if I like what they're wearing.
    I don't care where they got their clothes from.
    Anyone could get designer labels from ebay for the same price in Primark.
    You are a bit snobby to care about things like that anyway, not every has mummy and daddy to buy them a new wardrobe every month.

ReputationRep:
    i try not to, but sometimes when what they are wearing is shocking its really hard. I have a friend who everyone constantly makes fun of and its really annoying cause he is really nice :|

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.