Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It's not like i look down upon people who aren't dressed immaculately, but if they're dressed as a chav I'd just assume that we have nothing in common. However usually if i think someone is dressed really stylishly I'd be looking at them trying to get style tips.

(Original post by MrHappy_J)
    yes, i know a girl in college that's just as shallow as your friend is. she's so stuck up it's unbelievable, but I still have to put up with her in class.
    I wouldn't even call her a friend tbh! I wouldn't say she is stuck up, just really two faced and not sincere at all - after all, she use to take male friends mobile numbers out my phone and put them in her phone (don't ask me why :dontknow:) . . .:/ Ah well . . not to worry - just have to move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamkund)
    Nobody say anything about appearing wealthy. I could easily buy an outfit for about £50 and still look good. You sound like you're just making excuses.

I don't think it sounds shallow at all. Go to your next job interview wearing ripped jeans and a coffee-stained blouse and see how far your personality and feelings get you.
    She was talking about appearing wealthy..she said she judges people poorly who wear clothes from primark, matalan - not armani and tweed. Shops where the clothes are cheap.
    At a job interview they don't asses the kind of person you are but how employable you are, didn't realise people were talking about job interviews hey forgive me for thinking about life in general - asda, the street, school.

You people just sound horrible and judgemental its up to you to judge and dissmiss people who wear 'cheap' clothes. I just hope in a few months when im in uni i dont have to put up with such snobby, backward thinking horrible judgemental people

ReputationRep:
    I do, I look at people's clothes all the time and can gauge a rough opinion about them. For instance there is one guy at uni who wears ugg boots whose reputation and credibility has now plummeted (justifiably) and others who, within a week of being there, deck themselves head to toe in Jack Wills and are following the it crowd.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm bored on the tube I judge people on their outfits and imagine how I'd restyle them

Obviously it's not about the priceyness of the clothes, but the style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotalPoliticsNerd)
    When I'm bored on the tube I judge people on their outfits and imagine how I'd restyle them
    That's a bit creepy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    That's a bit creepy.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I judge on the attractiveness of the overall style, NOT on the label.

Also OP, expensive clothes cannot compensate for an ugly face or a bad figure, so don't get too ahead of yourself.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.