Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Asking someone out just after valentines? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR,
    I intend to ask this girl 'Q' out on tuesday, which is close to valentines day. I dont see her before then and we both are busy on the days before.

She and her friends have dropped heavy hints that she likes me and the decision lies with me so to speak. That maybe makes this case easier but what does this mass internet phenomenon think about it?

ReputationRep:
    ..Okay?

Are you asking if it's a good idea? If so, why wouldn't it be? I assume you're just going to be asking her out for coffee or something like that and not marriage, so what's the big deal?

ReputationRep:
    Ahahahahahah *************!

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with it? Go ahead, take the risk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igor00)
    ..Okay?

Are you asking if it's a good idea? If so, why wouldn't it be? I assume you're just going to be asking her out for coffee or something like that and not marriage, so what's the big deal?
    Well its more than that - its the "will you be my girlfriend" question. I dont think I have a problem with that as I said, she has heavyly implied feeling for me. Its the timing I am worried about - perhaps it might be look like a cheapskate?

ReputationRep:
    No you won't look like a cheapskate - when you like someone - you like them for who they are and nothing can change that if you like them enough.

May I add there is no day to like someone for example today is V-Day and people may think today is the day we express our utmost love for eachother etc, I think you can do that everyday so just do it on Tuesday and see how it goes.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    what kind of a name is Q

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.