Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of guys who just say 'hi' and walk-on? watch

ReputationRep:
    if its someone i like, i'll think she's not interested or just shy. other than that, i couldn't care less.

anyway, what do you think when a person (who you talk to a bit) says 'hi' and walks-on?

ReputationRep:
    I think that they are being polite.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becksy)
    I think that they are being polite.
    what if its someone you like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    I would still think that they are being polite . I probably wouldn't see it as a sign that he likes me, just general friendliness.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just talk to her...

ReputationRep:
    :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Well...at least you're talking to her now.

Seriously though it depends, if they said hi I would talk back to them so if they walked off I'd be pretty pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    Well in college when people walk around the place they're usually going somewhere, most of the time switching classes; if I see people I talk to I'll smile and say "hey", but stopping for a chat would just make you late for lessons really. If it's in a certain situation where noone is going anywhere, then I can't see anything wrong with stopping and chatting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    x
    :rofl: I cringed, this is exactly what I do at uni every day.

If get the impression that a guy likes me, and I give him strong hints that I like him back, but he doesn't have the balls to say more than 'hi' it makes me want to punch him.

ReputationRep:
    i think aw that's nice, how polite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If get the impression that a guy likes me, and I give him strong hints that I like him back, but he doesn't have the balls to say more than 'hi' it makes me want to punch him.
    Chill, Winston. Some people are just shy.

I would think they were being nice

ReputationRep:
    I think they are polite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Lol I do sometimes,
    for fun and to b polite

but yu should just go up to her and talk to her. Ive done it before, and im the shyiest person ever invented.

Just the other day, I put my arms in some girls arm who I only know thru my hall mate. And we just chatted away untill we reached our separate lessons

I still dont know how I managed to build the confidence to do that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.