Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of guys who just say 'hi' and walk-on? watch

ReputationRep:
    if its someone i like, i'll think she's not interested or just shy. other than that, i couldn't care less.

anyway, what do you think when a person (who you talk to a bit) says 'hi' and walks-on?

ReputationRep:
    I think that they are being polite.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becksy)
    I think that they are being polite.
    what if its someone you like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    I would still think that they are being polite . I probably wouldn't see it as a sign that he likes me, just general friendliness.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just talk to her...

ReputationRep:
    :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Well...at least you're talking to her now.

Seriously though it depends, if they said hi I would talk back to them so if they walked off I'd be pretty pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    Well in college when people walk around the place they're usually going somewhere, most of the time switching classes; if I see people I talk to I'll smile and say "hey", but stopping for a chat would just make you late for lessons really. If it's in a certain situation where noone is going anywhere, then I can't see anything wrong with stopping and chatting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    x
    :rofl: I cringed, this is exactly what I do at uni every day.

If get the impression that a guy likes me, and I give him strong hints that I like him back, but he doesn't have the balls to say more than 'hi' it makes me want to punch him.

ReputationRep:
    i think aw that's nice, how polite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If get the impression that a guy likes me, and I give him strong hints that I like him back, but he doesn't have the balls to say more than 'hi' it makes me want to punch him.
    Chill, Winston. Some people are just shy.

I would think they were being nice

ReputationRep:
    I think they are polite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Lol I do sometimes,
    for fun and to b polite

but yu should just go up to her and talk to her. Ive done it before, and im the shyiest person ever invented.

Just the other day, I put my arms in some girls arm who I only know thru my hall mate. And we just chatted away untill we reached our separate lessons

I still dont know how I managed to build the confidence to do that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.