Turn on thread page Beta

13 year old girl in my drama lessons gets pissed. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

so there's this girl that I know and I see her on saturday mornings as we are in dance drama and singing lessons together. Today I overheard her speaking to one of the girls and saying about how she gets pissed when she goes out with friends...she says it's because everyone else does it and because she wants to. And she's only 13! :eek:

Is this normal?

Edit: I also find her a bit stuck up, though it's probably normal for her age...i think she looks down on some people.

ReputationRep:
    good on her
    i think quite a few people do at that age...at least around about where i live. i remember when i was a first year at high school, lots of people my age were doing this

ReputationRep:
    it saddens me to think that it is a normal thing to do at her age...

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like my sister; where do you live? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Sounds like my sister; where do you live? :p:
    I hope it isn't, that would be akward.

I live in Barnet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    I hope it isn't, that would be akward.

I live in Barnet.
    Ah, no. She lives in Bristol. :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yea, I was getting drunk before that as I recall.

Let her make her own mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's normal. Kids are getting drunk waayyyy too young.
    I'm 15 and have never been or had the urge to 'get drunk' with friends. I got really drunk by accident once, but I don't really want to?

I know plenty or yr7s at my school that get - or claim to - drunk most fridays. It's just getting silly.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear...

I didn't get drunk until I was like... 15 maybe? I really don't think that 'everyone' does it at 13 at all, hmm.

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of the French exchange students at school we had over one year when they were 13, they'd get pissed all the time.

It's sort of the norm nowadays to do that at that age.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I got pissed when I was 13 :giggle: it's a silly childish thing to do, so I'm glad I got it out of my system then, although of course I'm not condoning it in any way :erm: but it's certainly not abnormal

Yes, I'm afraid so :| Yesterday I saw three ~10 years old smoking together :rolleyes:
    They think it's a :cool: thing to do

ReputationRep:
    Just because it's the norm doesn't mean you have to accept it. Fed up of strollin' through the park after having a sensible legal drinking session down at my local pub and getting yelled at by some pissed-out-of-his-face chav, if i wasn't such a built man who sobered up easily; i'd slug them if i ever stumbled across them while being completely wasted.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell, where've you been - of course it's normal. I was getting HIGH at twelve lol, and so wwere most of my friends. Not saying it's 'right' necessarily, but if you're shocked by that then you need a wake up call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_disraeli)
    What the hell, where've you been - of course it's normal. I was getting HIGH at twelve lol, and so wwere most of my friends. Not saying it's 'right' necessarily, but if you're shocked by that then you need a wake up call.
    :sigh:

how sad, the young people of today are destroying themselves with such bad habits.

wow, I sounded like a 70 year old saying that lol.

i dont remember getting drunk so young, I just don't think it's right.

ReputationRep:
    how can anyone be stuckup when they think going out to get drunk is classy.

silly child when i was playing my ps2 the thought of getting drunk didnt even cross my mind

ReputationRep:
    It's common, but terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    how can anyone be stuckup when they think going out to get drunk is classy.
    silly child when i was playing my ps2 the thought of getting drunk didnt even cross my mind
    it's quite easy to do really. all you have to do is behave like Miley Cyrus.

ReputationRep:
    I was such a child when I was 13, listening to pop music and eating Smarties and watching cartoons... sheltered life.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, I think it's fairly common. Just hope by "pissed" she means getting all giggly on alcopops and not something worse.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.