Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

13 year old girl in my drama lessons gets pissed. watch

ReputationRep:
    My sister is 13, and she does drink on occasion (celebrations and things) when she's at her friends houses, but its more like one or two WKDs.

The way I have been brought up (with very liberal parents) has encouranged 'learning' to drink in a safe environment from the age 13 and upwards, so at 18, you don't binge and can't handle any drink.

Apart from maybe a shandy with a barbeque, or a glass of champagne on Christmas day, I had my first drink on alcopops at 14 in a friends house, at her leaving party.

I don't advocate young teenagers drinking, but if it's in a safe and trusted environment, it is forgivable.

I think because she is young, her opinion of 'getting pissed' is different to ours - maybe she's just exaggerating one drink with supervision?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Unless of course, you can distinguish and confidently know that this girl is drinking in parks at night time (or other acts similar), to an unsafe and silly extent.

Then I'd worry, and might consider informing someone. Though I'm not sure who.

ReputationRep:
    I tried my first bit of alcohol probably when i was... 9 or 10? Didnt understand I would get drunk though, and was really hyper after 1 barcardi breezer!
    I only had a couple bottles of breezer/ WKD at parties... nothing too crazy... but it is really sad when 13 year old pass out from drinking too much

ReputationRep:
    That seems really, young but sadly common now. I was quite young at that age..hard to imagine myself being like that then. I'm sure a lot of people did it at that age and younger at school but the breakthrough for drinking across my year was about yr 9.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if she makes her mistakes earlier it won't interfere later on with her GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Yea, I was getting drunk before that as I recall.

Let her make her own mistakes.
    Update your sig please :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sequin)
    My sister is 13, and she does drink on occasion (celebrations and things) when she's at her friends houses, but its more like one or two WKDs.

The way I have been brought up (with very liberal parents) has encouranged 'learning' to drink in a safe environment from the age 13 and upwards, so at 18, you don't binge and can't handle any drink.

Apart from maybe a shandy with a barbeque, or a glass of champagne on Christmas day, I had my first drink on alcopops at 14 in a friends house, at her leaving party.

I don't advocate young teenagers drinking, but if it's in a safe and trusted environment, it is forgivable.

I think because she is young, her opinion of 'getting pissed' is different to ours - maybe she's just exaggerating one drink with supervision?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Unless of course, you can distinguish and confidently know that this girl is drinking in parks at night time (or other acts similar), to an unsafe and silly extent.
    Then I'd worry, and might consider informing someone. Though I'm not sure who.
    she looks like the type of person that would do that tbh, but I don't want to judge.

I don't see what I could do about it though, I barely know her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixira)
    I was such a child when I was 13, listening to pop music and eating Smarties and watching cartoons... sheltered life.
    Haha...me too...I never got drunk at that age but she probably just wants to make herself look good. She'll learn!

ReputationRep:
    That seems insanely young to me. Ah, kids these days.

I drank wine with my family on holidays from a young age, but I would never have considered drinking alcohol socially with friends when I was 13.

ReputationRep:
    Gawd, I was doing things that would make you cringe when I was 13. I first got properly drunk when I was 14, too.

Oh the valleys...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Gawd, I was doing things that would make you cringe when I was 13. I first got properly drunk when I was 14, too.

Oh the valleys...
    yikes

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the makings of a slut...

ReputationRep:
    My sisters friend (Who is 14) got caught doing meph/MMCAT, she's being put in drug counseling. Youth of today eh!

ReputationRep:
    "Pissed" at the age of 13, basically means they had a can of shandy

Between them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)

I live in Barnet.
    Same as me Which school was this in? Yeah, I think it's disgusting, but people just don't care.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I didn't get drunk till I was 15 or 16.

Never looked back since, but at least I've always been old enough to drink (relatively) responsibly.

Although I can imagine at the age of 13 getting 'pissed' means a small glass of WKD or something, whereas at my age it requires you to be ill the next day (given that definition I very rarely get "pissed"...drunk, yes but pissed no)

ReputationRep:
    I dont think I started getting drunk until I was 14 nearly 15. Never in a park or anything though, in my friends basement and on 3 big bottles of WKD:p:.
    If my little brother starts drinking in a park and behaving like a chav, I'll put a stop to that straight away. Not that he ever would.

ReputationRep:
    It's not normal

ReputationRep:
    I have to ask, since so many people have mentioned it: what's WKD??

ReputationRep:
    there are just some people like that.
    at 13, i was a riiight rebel, you know, drinking red bull thinking it could get me drunk
    all that
    [well..maybe not drunk but yknooww]
    and yeah by pissed she'll mean like two sips of lukewarm strongbow.

ReputationRep:
    depressingly, its not abnormal - many people I know do. They should know that they are idiots and throwing their lives away!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.