Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE SUGGEST ME A NICE TIE!

http://www.thomaspink.com/fcp/produc...n-Tie/99911774

or

http://www.thomaspink.com/fcp/produc...s-Tie/99910898

I will be going to my school's leaver's ball. It's a private school so everyones going to be wearing this kind of stuff, suits etc. So stop all the ******* comments about the price.

I will be wearing a black subtle grey striped suit, black shoes and white shirt.

DO you like this tie?

ReputationRep:
    Bit expensive for a school leavers ball if im honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Bit expensive for a school leavers ball if im honest.

Well it's a private school and I do not mean that in a snobbish way, but just that everyones wearing suits etc, also, i'd be wearing this tie to my cousins wedding so it's not just for one event.

ReputationRep:
    Bit expensive full stop - it's nothing special.

The design isn't all that (that's not to say it won't work). I have a Thomas Pink tie and it's a quality product with a nice feel, but not £59. Try to find something similar, but cheaper. Quality (and therefore price, usually) in a tie comes into play if you're going to wear it often and for quite some time.

Are you sure stripes are best on your tie - as your suit has stripes too. I can't comment further because I haven't seen the suit.

ReputationRep:
    i dont really like it
    reminds of a lollipop woman
    id go for darker colours, metallics or pastels

ReputationRep:
    If you can afford it then yeah, it's a nice tie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amenhotep)
    Bit expensive full stop - it's nothing special.

The design isn't all that (that's not to say it won't work). I have a Thomas Pink tie and it's a quality product with a nice feel, but not £59. Try to find something similar, but cheaper. Quality (and therefore price, usually) in a tie comes into play if you're going to wear it often and for quite some time.

Are you sure stripes are best on your tie - as your suit has stripes too. I can't comment further because I haven't seen the suit.

Well the stripes are fairly subtle on the suit, and their grey...

will a stripey tie not look good with a stripey suit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rain4475)
    i dont really like it
    reminds of a lollipop woman
    id go for darker colours, metallics or pastels
    Lol a lollipop woman? how's that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveRona)
    Well it's a private school and I do not mean that in a snobbish way, but just that everyones wearing suits etc, also, i'd be wearing this tie to my cousins wedding so it's not just for one event.
    It's a nice tie if you can afford it. Though I doubt anyone would be able to tell if it was cheap or not.

please view:
    http://www.kingtastyshirts.com/?e=37...8940169d0a3c95

ReputationRep:
    £59?!?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Moss Does better ties!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PGtips92)
    £59?!?
    Lol...what price should i look for?

Not much experience in ties...

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    IMO stripes look stupid on ties unless they actually represent something (a school, cricket club, regiment or whatever). I guess being vertical makes them look a bit better but still.

And £59 is way too much!

do you know how i know your gay?......you want that tie.....and probably like coldplay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krakatoa)
    do you know how i know your gay?......you want that tie.....and probably like coldplay.

Hahhaahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveRona)
    Lol...what price should i look for?

Not much experience in ties...
    Depends what it's for I guess..

If you're CEO of a a FTSE 100 company, you'd probably spending £100+ on a good tie.

If you're a student / sixth former, I wouldn't spend more than £20-£30 on a tie, personally. (unless you're loaded!)

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks smart, but I'm sure you can get cheaper ones just like that.
    Good choice of colour, though

ReputationRep:
    I don't like striped ties. Especially £59 striped ties.

Just get a plain one of somesort. Not black or white or yellow or grey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PGtips92)
    Depends what it's for I guess..

If you're CEO of a a FTSE 100 company, you'd probably spending £100+ on a good tie.

If you're a student / sixth former, I wouldn't spend more than £20-£30 on a tie, personally. (unless you're loaded!)
    Haha at the CEO one...

Well i'm not 'loaded' per se but I can afford that tie...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.