Turn on thread page Beta

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS TIEe? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE SUGGEST ME A NICE TIE!

http://www.thomaspink.com/fcp/produc...n-Tie/99911774

or

http://www.thomaspink.com/fcp/produc...s-Tie/99910898

I will be going to my school's leaver's ball. It's a private school so everyones going to be wearing this kind of stuff, suits etc. So stop all the ******* comments about the price.

I will be wearing a black subtle grey striped suit, black shoes and white shirt.

DO you like this tie?

ReputationRep:
    Bit expensive for a school leavers ball if im honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Bit expensive for a school leavers ball if im honest.

Well it's a private school and I do not mean that in a snobbish way, but just that everyones wearing suits etc, also, i'd be wearing this tie to my cousins wedding so it's not just for one event.

ReputationRep:
    Bit expensive full stop - it's nothing special.

The design isn't all that (that's not to say it won't work). I have a Thomas Pink tie and it's a quality product with a nice feel, but not £59. Try to find something similar, but cheaper. Quality (and therefore price, usually) in a tie comes into play if you're going to wear it often and for quite some time.

Are you sure stripes are best on your tie - as your suit has stripes too. I can't comment further because I haven't seen the suit.

ReputationRep:
    i dont really like it
    reminds of a lollipop woman
    id go for darker colours, metallics or pastels

ReputationRep:
    If you can afford it then yeah, it's a nice tie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amenhotep)
    Bit expensive full stop - it's nothing special.

The design isn't all that (that's not to say it won't work). I have a Thomas Pink tie and it's a quality product with a nice feel, but not £59. Try to find something similar, but cheaper. Quality (and therefore price, usually) in a tie comes into play if you're going to wear it often and for quite some time.

Are you sure stripes are best on your tie - as your suit has stripes too. I can't comment further because I haven't seen the suit.

Well the stripes are fairly subtle on the suit, and their grey...

will a stripey tie not look good with a stripey suit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rain4475)
    i dont really like it
    reminds of a lollipop woman
    id go for darker colours, metallics or pastels
    Lol a lollipop woman? how's that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveRona)
    Well it's a private school and I do not mean that in a snobbish way, but just that everyones wearing suits etc, also, i'd be wearing this tie to my cousins wedding so it's not just for one event.
    It's a nice tie if you can afford it. Though I doubt anyone would be able to tell if it was cheap or not.

please view:
    http://www.kingtastyshirts.com/?e=37...8940169d0a3c95

ReputationRep:
    £59?!?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Moss Does better ties!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PGtips92)
    £59?!?
    Lol...what price should i look for?

Not much experience in ties...

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    IMO stripes look stupid on ties unless they actually represent something (a school, cricket club, regiment or whatever). I guess being vertical makes them look a bit better but still.

And £59 is way too much!

do you know how i know your gay?......you want that tie.....and probably like coldplay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krakatoa)
    do you know how i know your gay?......you want that tie.....and probably like coldplay.

Hahhaahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveRona)
    Lol...what price should i look for?

Not much experience in ties...
    Depends what it's for I guess..

If you're CEO of a a FTSE 100 company, you'd probably spending £100+ on a good tie.

If you're a student / sixth former, I wouldn't spend more than £20-£30 on a tie, personally. (unless you're loaded!)

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks smart, but I'm sure you can get cheaper ones just like that.
    Good choice of colour, though

ReputationRep:
    I don't like striped ties. Especially £59 striped ties.

Just get a plain one of somesort. Not black or white or yellow or grey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PGtips92)
    Depends what it's for I guess..

If you're CEO of a a FTSE 100 company, you'd probably spending £100+ on a good tie.

If you're a student / sixth former, I wouldn't spend more than £20-£30 on a tie, personally. (unless you're loaded!)
    Haha at the CEO one...

Well i'm not 'loaded' per se but I can afford that tie...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.