Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I much prefer horizontal (repp) stripes to vertical ones, but that tie is fine.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like that tie actually

ReputationRep:
    If anyone doesn't like it, can they suggest a better one?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty nice. Don't know why everyone's moaning about the price - £100 is a lot for a tie. £59 isn't.
    I personally prefer the Yukon Stripe ones on the Thomas Pink site.

ReputationRep:
    £60 for that?!

(Original post by ILoveRona)
    Hahhaahah
    :p: It's a nice tie,just a bit too expensive.Some peoples suits didn't amount to 59 quid at my leavers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    £60 for that?!

LOL, what do you think of the tie itself?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's pointless to discuss price, particularly in a broad sense like we are here. People have very different thresholds for what they are willing to pay for clothing (the H&M crowd vs. the AllSaints crowd vs. the designer crowd).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.posteriori)
    I think it's pointless to discuss price, particularly in a broad sense like we are here. People have very different thresholds for what they are willing to pay for clothing (the H&M crowd vs. the AllSaints crowd vs. the designer crowd).
    Exactly, I put a high priority on my clothing, and not just that, but i'm not as shallow as to completely disregard any cheaper ties, I was actually looking at ties at about £20, but I saw this one and noticed it seemed like much better quality and looked much nicer.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, what do you think of the tie itself?
    It looks nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samieee 8))
    I think it looks smart, but I'm sure you can get cheaper ones just like that.
    Good choice of colour, though

Lolll, I saw the guy in your sig live at Koko, really close as well. :p:

Anyway OP, don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    If the tie done your ironing and washing I would pay £59.

ReputationRep:
    its nice but a bit boring and expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeM)
    If the tie done your ironing and washing I would pay £59.

I see, and what about the tie itself?

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE SUGGEST ME A NICE TIE!

http://www.thomaspink.com/fcp/produc...n-Tie/99911774

I will be going to my school's leaver's ball.

I will be wearing a black subtle grey striped suit, black shoes and white shirt.

DO you like this tie?

Try something more daring, e.g something from http://www.duchamplondon.com/shop/ties/all

One of the things I find with "traditional" English ties is that their designs are so plain, boring and unimaginative.

Yes, there is a fine line separating colourful to loud and obnoxious (and I've sometimes fallen on the wrong side of it myself) but it's worth taking risks so you don't fall into the faceless grey suit trap...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)
    Try something more daring, e.g something from http://www.duchamplondon.com/shop/ties/all

One of the things I find with "traditional" English ties is that their designs are so plain, boring and unimaginative.

Yes, there is a fine line separating colourful to loud and obnoxious (and I've sometimes fallen on the wrong side of it myself) but it's worth taking risks so you don't fall into the faceless grey suit trap...
    Those sure will make me stand out, lol.

I do like a couple, however.

Thank You.

ReputationRep:
    I see, and what about the tie itself?
    Well your determined to get it so get it.

We do not know what you look like and whether it will suit you so just get it if you want it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeM)
    Well your determined to get it so get it.

We do not know what you look like and whether it will suit you so just get it if you want it!

Hahaha, you're funny.

hahahaha determined to get it ROFL.

ReputationRep:
    You could get an extremely similar tie for a fifth of the price, easily.

ReputationRep:
    I thinks its overpriced tbh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.