Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am soo mind boggled. Moving to scotland, next year. I am torn between the two universities, without having been to Dundee. Thing is, I really like RGU a lot. But everyone speaks so highly of Dundee, and apparently some say it's better and cheaper. Which University is better and can anyone brief me on each. I have been to RGU but going to the open day is not enough information. I need someone who's lived there or at least lives in the city. Please help. These are my two choices but dont know which one to firm.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, here's a bit on RGU and the city, I don't go to RGU but generally they give you a lot of practical learning i.e stuff you would use more often in a job situation. This is also reflected in there high degree to employment rate. It is fast growing and a pretty decent uni. The city is pretty small sized as far as cities go but it is lively and it has everything you will need. Nightlife is decent and there is good shopping and chanes for part time jobs etc. It'd probably help to know what course your doing, Dundee is good aswell and is probably the more "respected" uni if that means anything to you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for the info. I think i like the appeal of RGU though.

ReputationRep:
    RG Who?

Sorry, had to.

RGU is an ex-poly. Dundee is a traditional university. The latter is regarded far more highly. If you don't know things like this already, you really should be doing a bit more research.

As for the cities - Dundee is significantly cheaper to live in than Aberdeen due to the popularity of the latter with oil workers. Aberdeen is, however, bigger. Personally I've enjoyed living in both at various points, although both are quite different to living in, say, Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.