changed religion
    2.94%
    changed denomination
    3.53%
    stayed the same!
    33.53%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    I'll describe mine, it can't really be thought of as atheist. I believe that there may or may not be a greater power/deity/whatever you want to call it, but if it is there it is beyond the realms of our understanding and world religions have yet to come up with convincing evidence to back their particular belief as more viable than others.
    Sounds like a form of atheism to me. You lack belief in a god so you could be described as an atheist. I think a lot of self-described atheists have beliefs pretty much the same as yours. Definitely fits very closely to what I think.

ReputationRep:
    Brought up as a Protestant (CoS), stopped going to church regularly when I was about 10 (maybe), not been in years now, believed in God in one form or another for most of my teens, but had my doubts and now I'd identify as an agnostic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Sounds like a form of atheism to me. You lack belief in a god so you could be described as an atheist. I think a lot of self-described atheists have beliefs pretty much the same as yours. Definitely fits very closely to what I think.
    But I am leaning towards the belief that there is something greater, hence why i would be more inclined to believe that there is what can only be described as a "God" in our limited imaginations than to believe that there is nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    But I am leaning towards the belief that there is something greater, hence why i would be more inclined to believe that there is what can only be described as a "God" in our limited imaginations than to believe that there is nothing more.
    You're a Deist then, it would seem- you believe in a God, but don't know what form He/She/It comes in.

EDIT: Or Deism would seem to suit you, at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PGtips92)
    Brought up vaguely Christian (church once a month or so), now probably agnostic/indifferent/not sure/can't be bothered to think about it or waste time going to church when I can just repent after 40 years of living an awesome, hedonistic lifestyle.
    This

ReputationRep:
    Ok I guess that would mean you're a theist of sorts. So maybe you could be described as an agnostic theist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    You're a Deist then, it would seem- you believe in a God, but don't know what form He/She/It comes in.

EDIT: Or Deism would seem to suit you, at least.
    Possibly, but its hard to categorise such an uncertain belief, I am agnostic but lean towards believing in the existence of a "God." So you could call me a Deist but I reckon that any Deity or greater power that does exist is so far beyond our understanding that even the term God itself is subjective. I have a really vague point of view on the subject, but why not? On the subject of religion any point of view is acceptable because people seem to find evidence to support anything to do with belief or atheism because it is impossible to know and impossible to understand.
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Ok I guess that would mean you're a theist of sorts. So maybe you could be described as an agnostic theist.
    There we go. Or you could just call me difficult :p:

ReputationRep:
    Brought up Christian (C of E), went through an agnostic stage and am now a firm Christian

ReputationRep:
    Brought up Catholic, became atheist at the age of 9 but still went through with confirmation at age 11 for the sake of the money and the day out. Stopped attending mass the week after confirmation.

Let's just say being a gay atheist at a Catholic convent school is not fun :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I was brought up a weak methodist, but gradually became more and more agnostic. There was this one phase where I was avowedly atheist and refused to join in anything religious. Bah humbug, it's no fun being anti-religion.

ReputationRep:
    spam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doivid)
    Could this be any more patronising?
    hahah now that I read it I see your point :p: , I was just pondering the reasons behind the results. :rolleyes: ..Tone of voice and moods are so difficult to convey via the internet, one of it's larger flaws!

ReputationRep:
    Brought up in an Agnostic household with some Christian Leanings(My grandfather being a Methodist Preacher) then I became Christian through my early and Mid teens, before I became a Muslim.

For the reason that as im sure most have stated it seems to be a perfect completely and entirely correct way of life and servitude to God.

Best decision ive ever made!

ReputationRep:
    brought up catholic, now non-religious

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.