Turn on thread page Beta

Do you openly admit to your friends the people you fancy? watch

ReputationRep:
    Or do you keep it to yourself? I tend to just say I like someone, but never say who.

ReputationRep:
    I keep it to myself. That is, if I ever fancied someone. Which I haven't for the past...5 years?

ReputationRep:
    Hah, no, my closest friends can usually tell who I like anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    I say normally because I don't see why I need to keep it a secret

ReputationRep:
    Only if there is no possibility of them ever meeting and stitching me up.

ReputationRep:
    My closest ones I tell unless it's really embarrassing - which it often is (wierd celebrity, really camp, teacher, elderly person...). If it's someone normal I say.

ReputationRep:
    I have kept it to myself!

ReputationRep:
    i normaly do but i have kept mine to myself this time mainly becuase the person who i like i only like because i think they look good and when i do tell someone it gets to the person anyway.

ReputationRep:
    my close friends generally know. and as soon as i've made a move, due to the ridiculous speed gossip goes round uni, EVERYONE knows

ReputationRep:
    haha not never.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I tell them all my celebrity crushes

ReputationRep:
    No!

If my best friends want to know, they have to try incredibly hard to find out. I don't tell anyone else though. My friends aren't the trustworthy sort and it would get spread around... which would lead to two things.

1. Being rejected by the person I like
    2. Being asked out by the person I like (who just happens to be an ***hole, but a nice looking one).

ReputationRep:
    keeping shtum is best imo. otherwise people try and set you up and everything gets awkard, especially if the person you like is a friend.

ReputationRep:
    Generally no. The weird thing is that I can't do it so much with my closest friends that I've known for years and I see everyday, but I can with my close friends who I haven't known for that long or I don't see a lot.

ReputationRep:
    No I keep it to myself

ReputationRep:
    Always keep it to myself...having said that, I haven't really 'genuinely' liked someone for the past few years :P

ReputationRep:
    I have neither 'properly' head-over heels fancied someone but i still wouldn't tell anyone... apart from my best mate in the world!!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, unless it's someone really embarrassing, which it often is :p:

ReputationRep:
    I never tell people just out of habit. My closest friends sometimes get it out of me though.

ReputationRep:
    lool only if i get caught in a truth or dare game

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.