Turn on thread page Beta

Do you openly admit to your friends the people you fancy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i do. everyone knows.

ReputationRep:
    I dont tell anyone, its rare i even tell the person i like, i have to be very drunk. Maybe there are 1 or 2 proper close friends ill tell.

Its not so much a case of me not wanting them to know, more that its not worth the grief off them when the imminate rejection happens and/or i manage to screw it up.

ReputationRep:
    I only tell my best friend because she's the only one who won't judge me for it. I tend to fancy very odd people.

ReputationRep:
    No. Learnt from that! My friends have big mouths, and love to embarrass me.

ReputationRep:
    My friends are serial blabber mouths!

ReputationRep:
    **** No!

My friends and I do it all the time

ReputationRep:
    Lol well not really but I often talk about who I like a lot so they can deduce for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    sometimes

ReputationRep:
    yes i let them know. fairly early on. might as well get it out of my system, and it makes your friends more interested in you :P
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Never. I doubt it would be hard for them to work it out though.

ReputationRep:
    no, if i ever like someone i always find out they someone else so if everyone knows i like them its a whole embaressing kerfuffle!

ReputationRep:
    I have (in the past) told only my three best friends, and this was after a year of liking one guy when one of my best friends clocked it. Unfortunately, said friend decided to tell everyone, including the guy which made for an uncomfortable 2 and a half years (we were good friends and he wanted things to stay that way) and then I moved to a new school where everyone forgot which made for a marginally better year and a half before, that is until aforementioned best friend starting dating him - about a week after I got over him, so luckily not affected much when it comes to matters of the heart, a little shocked! (soz for rambling on!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Or do you keep it to yourself? I tend to just say I like someone, but never say who.
    why keep it to yourself?

i've learnt i can only confide in ONE person about who i fancy- and she's my super best friend, anyone else, and i'll expect it to get out

ReputationRep:
    Only if it's prudent.

ReputationRep:
    i tell the world if its someone i would shag (hey, i might get lucky!) but if its something more then i tend to only tell a few people...avoid rejection etc!

ReputationRep:
    No never;they'll tease me

ReputationRep:
    I never like anyone. :|

ReputationRep:
    a lot of my friends know. I have faith in them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.