Turn on thread page Beta

Do you openly admit to your friends the people you fancy? watch

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger I used to find it SO embarrassing having people know that! Nowadays though, I'm not bothered. I tell basically anyone who asks, hahaha. However, I'm happily taken right now anyway, so it's obvious who I like :love:

ReputationRep:
    Only to my closest friends.

ReputationRep:
    subtlety isn't my strong suit; everyone can usually tell who i like straight away, including the girl herself most of the time. As i recently found out lol.

ReputationRep:
    Very rarely, if I do tell it's because I want them to tell the person I like. I then just make my friends do the work because I know they'll try and hook us up.

I wouldn't be with my current GF if I hadn't have told my mates.

ReputationRep:
    I'll come out with it personally "All guns blazing" my opinion

ReputationRep:
    No.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Nope, keep it to myself.

I've learnt that it's best to keep quiet from your friends, as it normally gets around.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes but not really that much. I'm paranoid that somehow, even if my friends don't tell the person I like, that they'll find out anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I tell my closest friends who I fancy and they the same with me.

ReputationRep:
    every 5 minutes we talk about some 1 else we want to boink

ReputationRep:
    they'll get it out of me one way or another if i say 'i like someone but im not telling you' so whatevs lol

i havent even liked anyone since flippin year 10, boys round here are so pathetic and butters

ReputationRep:
    I don't tell anyone haa. Even right now that I like someone from work I won't even tell anyone at school. Knowing them they'll probably end up coming in one day and saying "OHHH IS SO AND SO IN TODAY?!"

I'm just really paranoid that they find out :p:

ReputationRep:
    When I get a crush on someone, not even the object of my affections will know about it. I usually feel too ashamed about it to tell anyone :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    aha all of my friends know every little detail, although im happily taken so i dont really fancy anyone, just tell them if i find someone very attractive, we all tell each other everythinggg

ReputationRep:
    Not really back at school. Although I still told about 2-3 close friends, knowing for sure they would never tell him.

I've had a few years of torment after I (foolishly) admitted to liking a guy back in Year 7 and my friends never stopped taking the mick (publicly and in front of him) about it :dry: Can't blame me then.

ReputationRep:
    It depends who it is.

Now, I only really say if I need advice because, generally, it won't be happening anyway.

I used to say, but the people I was friends with at the time always used it as a way to make fun of me, so I think that's what stopped me saying.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on which friend it is. Some of them i would trust with more or less anything like this, but some would immediately tell the person what ive said about them.

Majority of the time i do, as i want advice normally.

ReputationRep:
    I tell my closest friends almost everything

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I tell my friend Jenna everything though. She's the only one.

I can trust my other friends, I just don't like everyone knowing

ReputationRep:
    No, there's no use in doing so. It's foolish to let anyone know your real intentions.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.