Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    How do you go about it?
    I recently went to a university open day (QMUL) and during a talk from a current 3rd year student, he said many of his friends were learning a modern foreign language alongside their degree. Do universities generally offer this to all students?

    Do you have to pay? I presume so! :p:

    Most of the unis I've looked at do let you. Often they have a few different ways of doing it with varying cost and time commitment. For instance, you might be able to take modules from other departments for free as part of your degree and do a language this way, or you could take extracurricular classes which probably will cost you, or do something more informal using materials from the languages library which might be free or maybe a one time registration fee or something.

    we can do it, costs nothing. dont get a seperate degree or anything, but we can have language modules go towards out final grade if we like.

    i personally would like to do it, just really dont have the time
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.