Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    look at the date of the 1st post :rolleyes:
    HAHA! last xmas! wtf dug this out an put it at the top of the list???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    HAHA! last xmas! wtf dug this out an put it at the top of the list???
    My thongs dug it up

ReputationRep:
    My thongs dug it up
    talented thongs :confused: while it HAS bn put at the front an its bout xmas...wots evry1 hopin 2 get THIS xmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK's thongs)
    1st post?
    Cool!

Damn, this brings back memories lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    talented thongs :confused: while it HAS bn put at the front an its bout xmas...wots evry1 hopin 2 get THIS xmas?
    nothin much jenna

haha dont you just love the links to 'similar threads' at the bottom of the page.... lol archviing

ReputationRep:
    SERIOUSLY i KNOW XMAS IS ABOUT THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST-BUT HOW DOES FATHER XMAS COME INTO THIS!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisah)
    SERIOUSLY i KNOW XMAS IS ABOUT THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST-BUT HOW DOES FATHER XMAS COME INTO THIS!?
    haha!

Christmas is about meeting up with friends from home that you have missed whilst at uni!

ReputationRep:
    i always wondered that about christmas trees........why trees? Why not something else....
    we still don't have our decorations up...something tells me it's a bit late now

ReputationRep:
    Well...i know its supposed to be all about the birth of jesus and a time to remember him blah blah blah...but to be honest i dont give him a thought. To me its about presents, eating, drinking and having a good time with friends and family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    i always wondered that about christmas trees........why trees? Why not something else....
    cause UK used to get trees as presents from norway (or somewhere) wasnt it??

ReputationRep:
    I know it's an old thread, still.....

Lucy Van Pelt: Look, Charlie, let's face it. We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It's run by a big eastern syndicate, you know.
    Charlie Brown: (shouting in desperation) Isn't there anyone out there who can tell me what Christmas is all about?

Linus Van Pelt: Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you. Lights, please. (A spotlight shines on Linus.) "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'". That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie brown.

ReputationRep:
    Father Christmas/ Santa Claus = Saint Nicholas, the patron saint of children. His saint day is actually on December 6th, though. A legend claims that he saved three girls from the fate of going onto prostitution by dropping three bags of gold down their chimney; they landed in the girls' stockings, which were hanging up by the hearth to dry.

Lots of other factors contribute towards the existance of Father Christmas, though, such as the old germanic myth of the ancient god Odin/Woden, who rode through the sky at Yule (I think), rewarding or punishing people according to their actions in the past year.

For more info, google it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARCHK0VEN)
    cause UK used to get trees as presents from norway (or somewhere) wasnt it??
    Um, no. I can't remember the actual reason off the top of my head, but I know for a fact that you're a little confused!

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was father christmas who got Merry pregnant! and thats how it all began..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Because trees is a central part of christianity. Don't diss it or Jesus and his band of tree gods will come down from heavan and strike you down with a pine needle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Because trees is a central part of christianity. Don't diss it or Jesus and his band of tree gods will come down from heavan and strike you down with a pine needle!
    lolllll hahaha! i was watching the midnight mass on channel 1 yesterday with my family...oh my god...it was so boring..to me that is,no offence...i was nodding off and my dad kept screwing at me and telling me to watch it properly :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    oh no :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    wot does everyone think christmas is?
    Christmas = Presents! Simple as

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.