Turn on thread page Beta

Do any of you cut your own hair? watch

I did when I was younger, never gain

ReputationRep:
    My fringe because every time a hairdresser handles it they totally mess it up

I only work on the front, parts I can clearly see but no more than that
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Sometimes my mum will do it when I go home :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    My mum does mine. But she's a hairdresser anyway, so it's fair enough :P

ReputationRep:
    Trim my own ends and cut my own fringe

ReputationRep:
    Hahah I do sometimes, my hair's long though so it's pretty easy to cut the length. Also done layers and fringe too, to be honest I think my fringe attempts are usually the most disastrous! If you go for a messy bedhead kinda look, then you may be able to get away with it. But precision cuts and sleek styles, noooo.

Dry cuts are about a tenner!

ReputationRep:
    No! Especially if you're a girl with longer hair. I would only consider cutting my own hair if I was going for a buzz cut and even then I would probably still get it done at the hairdressers.

ReputationRep:
    Just my fringe from time to time. It always looks good after though! Cutting fringes is easy, though.

If you're thinking about cutting all your hair, don't do it. Go to a cheap hairdressers. When I need mine cut all over, I only pay a fiver and they do a fab job! =)

x

ReputationRep:
    Never ever!

ReputationRep:
    I've done it a few times. Otherwise I get my sister/mum to do it, I've had it done at a salon about twice in my life lol.
    I don't really care if it goes wrong, as a) hair is curlyish/wavy so it doesn't really show, b) its long so I can just fix it by cutting a bit more, and c) hair grows fast.

I feel guilty handing over (far too much) money for something easily done myself
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    My mom does hers, she's pretty good at it actually, she does a bit, washes it, see's if she likes it once it's dry and if there's anything wrong with it she does a little more...bit by bit and you shouldn't have any major tragedies is the idea I think :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    quite a few of my firends do it themselves, so maybe ask if any of your friends would maybe do it for you? one of them cut it really short by putting it in a ponytail and flipping it over her head and cutting which gave her layers. it looked amazing, but then you'd have to be quite brave to attempt it yourself i think... or you could get it done for free at the hairdressers if you act as a model for them, but you don't get to choose what they do to your hair then.

ReputationRep:
    I do.

Well I have done for the past 2 years. I'm letting it grow now though, so will only be trimming it now and again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.