Turn on thread page Beta

wine appreciation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    before making a half-hearted effort to make this a society, i thought i'd just see if anyone's vaguely into their wine, and if they are what their favourite(s) is..

ReputationRep:
    I really should get more into wine. I drink enough of the stuff (mainly white cheap soave from the college bar which is pretty rank). For the moment I prefer appreciating its effects more than the taste.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I know nothing about wine except red wine is nicest

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'm quite into rose Rioja and white Chateux Neuf Du Pape. yummm!

Oh! And Bollinger - yum, yum, yum!

ReputationRep:
    Join Richard & Judy's, you get it for free! (providing you don't get caught 'forgetting' to pay for it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    At the moment I'm quite into rose Rioja and white Chateux Neuf Du Pape. yummm!

Oh! And Bollinger - yum, yum, yum!
    white chateauneuf du pape? sounds quite rare (and expensive!?). i bought myself a bottle of the red stuff this morning (to drink later).

ReputationRep:
    I like Chardonnay muchly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    white chateauneuf du pape? sounds quite rare (and expensive!?). i bought myself a bottle of the red stuff this morning (to drink later).
    It's quite hard to get hold of it outside Chateau Neuf du Pape as they don't make a lot of it, so hardly any makes it to the export market. My boyfs mum lives fairly close to there though - 'protecting' our supply!

ReputationRep:
    Fairtrade red wine from co-op is really nice, ethical and cheap!

ReputationRep:
    does it come from developing countries? i can maybe imagine some south african ones like chile, but i don't think the grape harvest of ethiopia is that impressive lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid to say I don't like the taste of any sort of wine. :blush:

ReputationRep:
    It just means the growers in the country get a fair price instead of being exploited. I expected it to taste rank but its probably the nicest i've had recently, costs about £3. Fairtrade coffee is also nice! I swear im not a representative of the fairtrade organisation!

ReputationRep:
    Does port count for you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    white Chateux Neuf Du Pape. yummm!
    You've been listening to too much Del Boy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    I'm afraid to say I don't like the taste of any sort of wine. :blush:
    :ditto: It all tastes the same to me.. and not a very nice taste either!

ReputationRep:
    Dont like the stuff. It tastes disgusting...maybe because i always have the cheap stuff. Really dont get along with it, but usually end up drinking it when im drunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    I like Chardonnay muchly
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Make a friend whose Daddy was a Famous Cambridge Anthropologist and get unlimited access to his Vast Wine Cellar!

ReputationRep:
    doubt many here are "wine appreciators"...

unless its a society for those who buy "wine" for 2.50 out of lidl on a friday night...

ReputationRep:
    if you get wine from lidl, it's not wine. it's a concoction crushed pomegranate with fungal additives and old spice which can no longer be sold.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.