Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bascially I went to get some yoghurt at bed time last night, but was a bit dozy and it slipped out of my hand and some went on the floor, I mopped it up right away but in the morning the mopped area was white as in it must of just spread the yoghurt.

I tried some boiling water on the mop and washing up liquid and went over it but it still seemed sticky but no longer white(but looked shiny and sticky) and so tried 2 more times over the next few hours.

It does look strange as you can tell the area where the floor was mopped as it has lines/marks.

What can I do to get rid of them?

ReputationRep:
    Get some flash or cilit bang, that should get rid of the marks/stickiness.

ReputationRep:
    Warm water and some Flash in a bucket. Get on your hands and knees with a cloth and scrub

ReputationRep:
    You just need to scrub it with normal table vinegar, then when the stickiness has gone wipe again with water.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to 3rd the flash and warm water. Should sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    So no cheaper ways? I already do all the cleaning here as my housemate is very lazy and just shoves his rubbish on the sides and so dont want to waste my money on cleaning products, I do have vinegar though and some of that stain remover powder for washing machine(like cillit bang) would that work?

ReputationRep:
    No, they wouldn't work that well. Just go to the supermarket and get some cheap 'value' all purpose cleaner (apparently it's 26p a bottle at Tesco, I'd imagine it's similar at other places too). A bit of that and a bucket of boiling water will clean it up beautifully. It'd probably be a good idea to mop the whole floor rather than just a patch though, as it will show if you just try to clean one bit. It'd also probably be a good idea to leave the mop soaking in some really hot water with a bit of detergent too, otherwise the yoghurt might fester and start to make the mop smell absolutely revolting.

ReputationRep:
    Just go to super market and get floor cleaner, that should do it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.