Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please, I have no idea what to choose

I have offers for Dual Qualifying Law (Scots and English) at Dundee University, which is 13th in the UK for law, based on league tables etc.

They want ABBBB at Scottish Higher

or

Finance and Business Law at Heriot Watt University, rated 21st in UK for Accounting and Finance.

They want AAAB at Scottish Higher.

At the end of the day, I want a career in law, and theres two paths:

HW - Do that course, then the GDL in BPP or CoL in London, then apply for training contracts, I reckon i'd have a better lifestyle for my 4 years at this university, but perhaps worse graduate prospects than Law at Dundee?

or

Dundee - I would only need to do this course, but I don't think i'd have a good a lifestyle as HW, but perhaps better graduate prospects?

What do you think please???

ReputationRep:
    I would personally go for Dundee; the course sounds broader than that at Heriot Watt, and it's better rated. When you say a better lifestyle, do you mean student life? Because I can say from experience that you can have just as much fun in a small town as in a big city! If you're really keen on studying in Edinburgh, then you might just as well go for Heriot Watt. Have you visited both universities? Perhaps that could help...
    I'm very sorry I can't be of any more use, but good luck on whatever you decide!

ReputationRep:
    Any other advice-givers?

ReputationRep:
    Dundee sounds the better of the two.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'd say it is, but it's just that i'm afraid I won't be happy away from home

ReputationRep:
    Do you live in Edinburgh? If so, Dundee is only an hour away by train. You'd be best going to see them both, only then can you make a proper decision on which one would be best for you

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, which one would you prefer?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.