Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    pick names for boys and/or girls

ReputationRep:
    When i was 14 i wanted three daughters called Liberty, Honesty and Daisy. My aunt has called my cousin Daisy so i can't use that one, my boyfriend made me promise that we could call our first daughter Rainbow. As for boys i like the name Daniel, but there is a jinx on certain boys names my mother is ateacher and after years of helping in her class you notice that boys called Daniel or Jamie, and occasionally others are the worst behaved boys in primary school. No offence to anyone with those names but i'm sure you were horrors when you were little. Also my boyfreind wants our first son to be named after him.

ReputationRep:
    Boy - Enfys
    Girl - Enfys

Since I got lumbered with a Welsh name that is male and female and I have tell people several times before they get it, I think it's only fair that I pass the favour onto my children.

Ant, I just found out that Enfys means rainbow in welsh.

ReputationRep:
    This was done barely a week ago... Keep up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    Boy - Enfys
    Girl - Enfys

Since I got lumbered with a Welsh name that is male and female and I have tell people several times before they get it, I think it's only fair that I pass the favour onto my children.
    I love the name Enfys, but i wouldn't call my child that, i didn't know it was both male and female, i thought it was just a girls name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant93)
    When i was 14 i wanted three daughters called Liberty, Honesty and Daisy. My aunt has called my cousin Daisy so i can't use that one, my boyfriend made me promise that we could call our first daughter Rainbow. As for boys i like the name Daniel, but there is a jinx on certain boys names my mother is ateacher and after years of helping in her class you notice that boys called Daniel or Jamie, and occasionally others are the worst behaved boys in primary school. No offence to anyone with those names but i'm sure you were horrors when you were little. Also my boyfreind wants our first son to be named after him.
    whats your bf called?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeski)
    whats your bf called?
    Anthony

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant93)
    Anthony
    :cool: i like it, but i wouldnt short it to Anto - theres a guy i know called that and i h8 him with a passion!

ReputationRep:
    a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't it be a bit confusing to have a partner and son named the same thing? unless you go all american and call them 'senior' and 'junior'!

ReputationRep:
    personally I like Jade for a girl, if we wnd up ahving children together one day. it has a significance in our relationship. - my boyf has a favourite poem, in chinese, that says love should be like jade, not gold. When we went back to Taiwan, he bought me a beautiful jade necklace

i like Onyx for a boy. No particular reason, its just cool, and its a black precious stone.

ReputationRep:
    girl - aurelia
    boy - angus
    i like the letter A.

ReputationRep:
    girl - dangermouse (or emily)
    boy - dragon (or jacob)

ReputationRep:
    jemima and alf :p:
    or
    henrietta and brooklyn :puke: heh..poor kids

ReputationRep:
    Boy: Iscander or Rami
    Girl: Leila, Nadia or Sabrija

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    wouldn't it be a bit confusing to have a partner and son named the same thing? unless you go all american and call them 'senior' and 'junior'!
    Yeah that what i think, but my mate and his dad have the same name, i don't know how that works.

ReputationRep:
    Egor, Mingus (boys names)

ReputationRep:
    well with regards to the Sr. and jr. thing.. my sister's fiancee and our dad are both called Ben, which can be confusing at times..

ReputationRep:
    girl-savana
    boy- hayden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Muffin)
    Egor, Mingus (boys names)
    :eek: you really are..

er.. kiddy names.. i quite like Sam, Andrew and Anna
    i may call a particularly lucky one Apple

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.