Turn on thread page Beta

Would I be a complete idiot... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    if I intervened in this situation?

Okay, so there is 4 of us in a group and we're really close. 3 people have graduated, and since then have been keeping in touch with each other, went on holiday together over Christmas etc but one member (let's call her Amy) is kind of annoyed at the other (Sarah). So Amy thinks that Sarah hasn't bothered to keep in touch with her much, and since the holiday Sarah has been visiting her other uni friends but not Amy. Amy was also quite ill recently, and feels that Sarah didn't bother to even ask how she is. Sarah has been going through a lot though, with her Dad being unwell and her running the family business. I mentioned that it's Sarah's b'day next week and Amy didn't seem to care much where as in the past we've made a massive deal out of each other's birthdays. Personally, I think Amy is overreacting (she has a tendency to do this) as everyone's been busy and had stuff going on in their lives. Now I love both these girls very dearly, and I don't want to see the group fall apart so...should I do something? And what?

Edit: Though, I do think that Amy has a point as Sarah has been visiting the area to see other mutual friends but not told Amy that she's in town...hmmm.

I'd keep out of it tbh, even though people say "omg! I'm totally gonna stay in contact when we leave college/uni/etc" people go their own ways, make new friends or whatever.

I wouldn't worry, eventually something'll come out of it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with above poster, and its hard to get involved without one of them thinking you're taking a side...maybe if you just mention to them both that the tension is causing problems for all of you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I wouldn't know whose side to take....they both mean a lot to me. I guess I'll stay out of it. Thing is, I'm supposed to be visiting Amy in 2 weeks and was hoping the 4 of us could get together to celebrate Sarah's b'day but I'm not sure if that'll happen now.

They might see it as you meddling in with their situations, they might even see you as the bad guy trying to interfere. Just try to make the best of both situations, instead of doing things as a big group, spend more separate time with either one at different times or something. You'll also find that it'd fill up more spare time aswell

ReputationRep:
    Stay out of it....cos tbh, when amy and sarah make up (which they will eventually), then you'll be sitting on the sidelines having one problems with both or one them. Getting involved and being the middle man will not do you any favours, trust me...

ReputationRep:
    funny how only girls are interested in this post.

ReputationRep:
    Female politics eh.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get involved.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.