Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of this job opportunity? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically i saw job opportunity listed on gumtree. I replied to it and below is the e-mail I got back.

To be honest it looks very interesting with good pay, what do you guys think?:o:

Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable

We are currently looking for accounts receivable person for a part time assignment.We are only seeking candidates who are Quailified and Experienced as Account Receivable Representative . Duties include cash allocation, reconciliations,possibly some general ledger duties as well as general AR duties.You are Required to have some Little or Required experience which Ranges Between 1-2 Years.You must know how to manage Resoursces Effectively, Must be Familiar with Internet and Know more about fast Communication Process via The globe and Internet.
    Also:
    •Have the ability to work independently and a flexible approach to work
    •Have personal computer and basic accounting skills (we
    will provide training)
    •Honest and reliable person
    •Have e-mail box and ability to check it at least 2 times a day
    •Have couple of spare hours (mainly in mornings.)
    •Accounts Receivables duties include:-
    •Collection Payment
    •Applying Cash and making deposits
    •Reconciling customer accounts
    •Assemble and verify supporting documentation for vendor payments
    •Provide back-up support and general assistance to the Accounts Payable
    •Weekly Check Run
    You are welcome to apply. Please forward your CV or inquiry to our corporate e-mail box by replying to this ads. If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask them to one of our managers. They will be able to supply you with all required information within 24 hours period.

Account Receivable Role:
    Your primary task for now, as a representative of the company is to coordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process.. You are not involved in any sales. Once orders are received and sorted we deliver the product to a customer. After this has been done the customer has to pay for the products but in most cases we make our clients prepay for orders or items they order for. About 90 percent of our customers prefer to pay through Certified Checks or Bank transfer from the United Kingdom based on the amount involved. We have decided to open this new contract -to-hire job position for solving this problem.

Your First Primary task (Collection of Payments):
    1. Receive payment from our Customers or Clients.
    2. Cash Payment at your Bank or any cashing facilities near you.
    3. Receive payment from our client through bank transfer
    4. Deduct 10 % which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
    5. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to, you'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job is part time, you'll get good income .But this job is very challenging and you should understand it. We are considering your application because you satisfy our requirements and we are sure you will be an earnest assistant till we start running our branch office in your state.

REQUIREMENTS:
    * Full Names...................
    * Address ..............
    * City.........................
    * State.....................
    * Postal Code...............
    * Phone....................
    * Email.................
    * Age...........................
    * Occupation...............
    * Marital Status.…….
    * Sex...........................
    Notice:
    We will never ask you for anything more than that, no upfront payment. If anyone asks for those on our behalf, please do not give out this . This is to ensure your security and non-involvement in cases of identity theft. If anyone ask you for any of those info in our notice please kindly report to your nearest local or federal authorities.
    Thanks for taking time to read our offer.
    Jiangyin Hongxing Group I & E co. ltd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasin_arshad)
    Basically i saw job opportunity listed on gumtree. I replied to it and below is the e-mail I got back.

To be honest it looks very interesting with good pay, what do you guys think?:o:

Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable

We are currently looking for accounts receivable person for a part time assignment.We are only seeking candidates who are Quailified and Experienced as Account Receivable Representative . Duties include cash allocation, reconciliations,possibly some general ledger duties as well as general AR duties.You are Required to have some Little or Required experience which Ranges Between 1-2 Years.You must know how to manage Resoursces Effectively, Must be Familiar with Internet and Know more about fast Communication Process via The globe and Internet.
    Also:
    •Have the ability to work independently and a flexible approach to work
    •Have personal computer and basic accounting skills (we
    will provide training)
    •Honest and reliable person
    •Have e-mail box and ability to check it at least 2 times a day
    •Have couple of spare hours (mainly in mornings.)
    •Accounts Receivables duties include:-
    •Collection Payment
    •Applying Cash and making deposits
    •Reconciling customer accounts
    •Assemble and verify supporting documentation for vendor payments
    •Provide back-up support and general assistance to the Accounts Payable
    •Weekly Check Run
    You are welcome to apply. Please forward your CV or inquiry to our corporate e-mail box by replying to this ads. If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask them to one of our managers. They will be able to supply you with all required information within 24 hours period.

Account Receivable Role:
    Your primary task for now, as a representative of the company is to coordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process.. You are not involved in any sales. Once orders are received and sorted we deliver the product to a customer. After this has been done the customer has to pay for the products but in most cases we make our clients prepay for orders or items they order for. About 90 percent of our customers prefer to pay through Certified Checks or Bank transfer from the United Kingdom based on the amount involved. We have decided to open this new contract -to-hire job position for solving this problem.

Your First Primary task (Collection of Payments):
    1. Receive payment from our Customers or Clients.
    2. Cash Payment at your Bank or any cashing facilities near you.
    3. Receive payment from our client through bank transfer
    4. Deduct 10 % which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
    5. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to, you'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job is part time, you'll get good income .But this job is very challenging and you should understand it. We are considering your application because you satisfy our requirements and we are sure you will be an earnest assistant till we start running our branch office in your state.

REQUIREMENTS:
    * Full Names...................
    * Address ..............
    * City.........................
    * State.....................
    * Postal Code...............
    * Phone....................
    * Email.................
    * Age...........................
    * Occupation...............
    * Marital Status.…….
    * Sex...........................
    Notice:
    We will never ask you for anything more than that, no upfront payment. If anyone asks for those on our behalf, please do not give out this . This is to ensure your security and non-involvement in cases of identity theft. If anyone ask you for any of those info in our notice please kindly report to your nearest local or federal authorities.
    Thanks for taking time to read our offer.
    Jiangyin Hongxing Group I & E co. ltd.
    Money laundering scam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveRona)
    Money laundering scam?
    Please elaborate?:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Please elaborate?:cool:

I'm not sure, but this happened to my brother.

Basically, they are going to put money in your bank account, then they will allow you to take like 5% of this money, which is your 'salary', but really, you act as a place to 'stash the cash', which is gathered from various illegal activities.

ReputationRep:
    By the way it says things like, "we know you fit these requirements", I really doubt it's a genuine opportunity. Who'd post on gumtree claiming to know the skills and abilities of the reader?

The use of spelling and grammar also leaves a lot to be desired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveRona)
    I'm not sure, but this happened to my brother.

Basically, they are going to put money in your bank account, then they will allow you to take like 5% of this money, which is your 'salary', but really, you act as a place to 'stash the cash', which is gathered from various illegal activities.
    Okay thanks, i get what you mean

(Original post by DarkWhite)
    By the way it says things like, "we know you fit these requirements", I really doubt it's a genuine opportunity. Who'd post on gumtree claiming to know the skills and abilities of the reader?

The use of spelling and grammar also leaves a lot to be desired.

Looks like a good money opportunity, but I have similar doubts about it :o:

ReputationRep:

Yeah man just looking out for you

I'm sure there are many good money opportunities out there for you, which are legit.

Just give it time mate

ReputationRep:

Aye, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole to be honest. If in doubt, do without.

But really, if you want some quick money, pick up HTML (it's a doddle to learn - from both first and second-hand experience), and get some freelance work on the go

Alternatively, odd-jobs, eBay stuff, part-time job (http://direct.gov/), 63336 etc. Plenty of ways to make a quick quid out there.

I used Cashle.com actually and that got me £80 in 3 days, just filling out surveys in my spare time. I spent the first day making a tool which fills all the forms in for me, waits 30 seconds and submits it

ReputationRep:
    Wow... how gullible are you? Did you really think a genuine UK employer would write like a Nigerian money launderer who's taken one English class?

ReputationRep:
    I would never trust an advert with grammar like that.

ReputationRep:
    I was reading yesterday about money laundering (there's a division for it at work and I realised I should probably find out what it's all about...) and this sounds like a textbook example!

As other posters said, plenty of legitimate opportunities out there if you look for them (even on Gumtree!!), just hang in there

ReputationRep:
    Clearly a scam. I've had a few of these emails in the past. I just delete them.

ReputationRep:
    Its a scam, fraudster A will send you say a cheque for £10,000, you put it into your account, you take £500 as your "wage" and then forward £9,500 from your account to fraudster A's friend.

Only problem is the cheque is fake and the bank now pursues you for £10,000.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, really appreciated for all the feedback and I will be trying out the things listed above.

Cheers

(Original post by Maker)
    Its a scam, fraudster A will send you say a cheque for £10,000, you put it into your account, you take £500 as your "wage" and then forward £9,500 from your account to fraudster A's friend.

Only problem is the cheque is fake and the bank now pursues you for £10,000.
    One thing, I confirmed with them and they are doing it by bank transfer

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I do, ahaha

ReputationRep:
    Its illegal to ask for age when applying for a job.

I'd take them to court.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, really appreciated for all the feedback and I will be trying out the things listed above.

Cheers

One thing, I confirmed with them and they are doing it by bank transfer
    And you believe them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    And you believe them?
    For some reason i do, but then again I am preety dumb:rolleyes: so..........

ReputationRep:
    For some reason i do, but then again I am preety dumb:rolleyes: so..........
    In that case you deserve the job.

I'm certain you will be taken on.

ReputationRep:
    You better check their website or Google search the company name to check things out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.