Turn on thread page Beta

I think I'm depressed? watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I get what you mean by not wanting to tell your mum again and to make more problems
    but is there someone who is still close to you who you can go to?
    like a close friend?
    You should talk about what you think the reason is not just that you think you feel depressed

n anonymous #1 & #5 I get what you two mean as well with eveything around you going faster then what you're actually experiencing
    and I get nosebleeds quite often too
    but I don't feel depressed at all, I do feel really stressed sometimes but not depression
    do you know what causes it? it really scared me today, even though i've had it since i was younger it gets worse each time, and lasts longer

do you know what causes it? it really scared me today, even though i've had it since i was younger it gets worse each time, and lasts longer
    I don't actually know, and yh I've been getting it since I was little as well
    I'm not sure if this goes for you as well but I get these moments of pure dizziness, they usually last for only like 3-5 seconds, but its really wierd
    but I really don't think depression is a reason, because I don't feel depressed at all
    it is normal to feel down occasionally but..
    I'll try n find out about the slowness

I also go through stages of being really, really upset and down and then I'll be overly, ridiculously happy for no reason at all:confused:.
    When you are happy - 'overly happy' - do you feel like you can't concentrate, feel increased restlessness and need little sleep? Do you feel aggressive and irritable?

My best friend just took the step to go to the doctors with depression, her dad has it and she had to tell her mum - she was surprised at how understanding everyone was, and going to the doctors (with a friend) was the best thing she could have done.

ReputationRep:
    Depression affects people in different ways. You really need to see your GP because whatever it is it seems to be impacting on your life. Nobody on here can diagnose it for you.

When you are happy - 'overly happy' - do you feel like you can't concentrate, feel increased restlessness and need little sleep? Do you feel aggressive and irritable?

My best friend just took the step to go to the doctors with depression, her dad has it and she had to tell her mum - she was surprised at how understanding everyone was, and going to the doctors (with a friend) was the best thing she could have done.
    I feel like I'm missing a lot of things when I'm overly happy. Like I'll miss a whole conversation or a massive part of something and it seems like its only been a few seconds thats past. I get really hyper and jump around quite a bit. I'm irritable a lot of the time as it is, but more so when I'm sad.

I feel like I'm missing a lot of things when I'm overly happy. Like I'll miss a whole conversation or a massive part of something and it seems like its only been a few seconds thats past. I get really hyper and jump around quite a bit. I'm irritable a lot of the time as it is, but more so when I'm sad.
    Ok, I've found this for you, it might help. If you go to the bottom of the page you can see a subtitle of 'mixed manic depression'. Have a read of the whole page though, it specifically states a lot of your symptoms (including increased sex drive!)
    http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.or...mptoms-faq.htm

ReputationRep:
    If you "think" you're depressed, you're not.

(Original post by JakePearson)
    If you "think" you're depressed, you're not.
    Not true exactly: my friend just got to a point where she knew she was never happy, felt down all the time, ended up crying for 3 days, and then realised something was up, and thought it was depression. And she was right.

I think I am depressed too.

ReputationRep:
    Not true exactly: my friend just got to a point where she knew she was never happy, felt down all the time, ended up crying for 3 days, and then realised something was up, and thought it was depression. And she was right.
    Well, SarahSmiles, your friend did not have depression. She was downbeat for a while. Can I ask how long it lasted for - a week? Two weeks? That's nothing on the two and a half years I put up with. Many people suffer for much longer.

By the way, your rep means nothing to me - you have no repping power.

(Original post by JakePearson)
    Well, SarahSmiles, your friend did not have depression. She was downbeat for a while. Can I ask how long it lasted for - a week? Two weeks? That's nothing on the two and a half years I put up with. Many people suffer for much longer.
    Yeah I think she would know it lasts much longer, because her dad has it. he had it when she was younger, and got it again when she was 15. She is now 18, and he still has it badly - so much that when anyone goes round he sits in his bedroom with the lights off and hides, even when it;s family visiting. So, before you comment, make sure you know the story first. A lot of my friends have been through many issues (a friend tried to kill herself - ended up in a house that was for people with mental health issues, another that was rushed to hospital with anorexia, a friend who burns herself) - I know a lot about mental health. I understand that you would be unhappy with people who say they are depressed to gain attention, but you could also be a little more empathetic towards others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by APNigSlayer)
    It sounds like you would be much happier dead.

You should kill yourself, I think.
    what is wrong with you?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.