Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I'm doing Higher French and Higher Spanish right now and I am most definetly taking both at Advanced Higher next year. I was wondering what sorts of things you'd been reading for your Extended Reading unit? I'd like to read some stuff of the right sort of level before we start and also to ensure I get a really good mark this year...and also 'cause I'm sad and I would enjoy it a lot...

ReputationRep:
    in our class we have read Le Petit Prince. its really good as its fairly easy to read but has a lot of good themes in it you can buy it really quite cheap on amazon i read it before we started the course .. so im sad as well

ReputationRep:
    Hey we've done 'le silence de la mer' which is a novella... not a lot of action but LOADS of descriptions etc in it, reasonably easy but it has some intense bits! We've also done some poetry by Prévert in a book called 'paroles' - it's really nice, very simple language but it has lots of deeper meanings. It's such a good course . Afraid I can't help much with adv spanish though!

ReputationRep:
    We've done L'Etranger, by Albert Camus. It's not bad to read, lots of deep, philosophical meanings, which confused me loadsss at the time, but make it really easy to write about now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Save_Ferris)
    Hey everyone, I'm doing Higher French and Higher Spanish right now and I am most definetly taking both at Advanced Higher next year. I was wondering what sorts of things you'd been reading for your Extended Reading unit? I'd like to read some stuff of the right sort of level before we start and also to ensure I get a really good mark this year...and also 'cause I'm sad and I would enjoy it a lot...
    Hey, yay for languages!

These are the books I've done/am going to be doing:

French:
    "Au Revoir Les Enfants" by Louis Malle (Screenplay, quite good, lots to write about)
    "Huis Clos" by Jean Paul Satre (Play, really interesting so far :yep:)

Spanish:
    "Réquiem Por Un Campesino Español" by Ramón J Sender (Quite interesting, also lots to write about)
    "Bodas De Sangre" - Federico García Lorca (not started this one yet so can't comment!)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.