Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    1.2 Corsa C is pretty rapid if you keep the revs in the powerband for the none twinport version , mine has suprised a few people, even more so when my (police response driver) brother is behind the wheel...

as you say launch and technique through the gears will have an impact.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wait till you try the 1.4, you'll be holding on for dear life.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by div curl F = 0)
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wait till you try the 1.4, you'll be holding on for dear life.....
    no if i want to hold on for dear life i'll drive the petrol v6 police spec frontera I use for work purposes sometimes or my brother's Fabia VRS

in general traffic technique is far more important than outright engine power .... bazza in his indervidjual high performance mota can be outrun by modest cars if they are driven well

ReputationRep:
    Surprising no one's mentioned this but alloys in a race like this would probably make a massive difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArikJ)
    Surprising no one's mentioned this but alloys in a race like this would probably make a massive difference.
    aah, yeah true

ReputationRep:
    lol. Go faster stripes add 100bhp, right?

You say that since your 18/19 you only have this choice? Come on. My cars very slow, but quicker than them sorry excuses. Got myself a nice 100bhp 1.6. Compromise between insurance and having a laugh. I'm very bored of it now. No point drag racing them cars guys, or mine for that matter.

The thing you should do, is have some serious fun down some country roads with bends, then the little nimble cars will be very fun indeed and power isn't so much of an issue.

ReputationRep:
    no if i want to hold on for dear life i'll drive the petrol v6 police spec frontera I use for work purposes sometimes or my brother's Fabia VRS

in general traffic technique is far more important than outright engine power .... bazza in his indervidjual high performance mota can be outrun by modest cars if they are driven well

A Frontera V6, like a 1.2 Corsa, is not a quick car as its weighs a silly amount and handling is far from its best point/main aim. And please don't say the police spec actually makes a difference, Vauxhall V6's do not make any gains by being chipped/remapped and thats even if it has had a remap as 95% don't, the only difference will probably be police spec brake pads that are more resistant to fade: source - I've owned 3 Vauxhall V6 powered cars (and still have the last one) and been a member of various Vauxhall clubs for many years. You'd be lucky to see a 1bhp increase from a remap.

I await your next "rapid" car based post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by div curl F = 0)
    blah blah blah
    have you actually got anything to add ?

needless to say the spread of times on the TG SiaRPC board suggests that technique has a significant impact on the 'performance' or otherwise of a car

how you use a tool is just as important as it's size, a 1.2 or 1.4 is not going to win any drag races but on an intraurban 'road' course technique and application of the system of car control is more important ...

ever been behind the kind of idiot of burns off down the straight only to be faced with a red light or maximum braking application for a speed bump or roundabout at which point you catch them back up ...

little point the frontera v6 is not a Vx engine it;s a isuzu one and is 205 or 250 ps depending on 3.2 or 3.5, notice you are a bit quiet about the VRS ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarve99)
    lol. Go faster stripes add 100bhp, right?
    they add 100 BBHP each as does a dump valve hole, dump valve noise maker, meshage (per piece) and a bean tin or novelty biscuit cutter end cap on the zorst meaning that it;s entirely possible to have a ordinary car with over 9000 BBHP once the powah of the ICE system and the 'electric supercharger' and 'induction kit'
    has been totted up

ReputationRep:
    they add 100 BBHP each as does a dump valve hole, dump valve noise maker, meshage (per piece) and a bean tin or novelty biscuit cutter end cap on the zorst meaning that it;s entirely possible to have a ordinary car with over 9000 BBHP once the powah of the ICE system and the 'electric supercharger' and 'induction kit'
    has been totted up
    are you some sort of idiot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deploythecowcatcher)
    are you some sort of idiot?
    no you obviously are if you didn't get the irony in in the fact such modifications add BBHP that's barrybreakhosspowahs

me thinks some people need to go and look at www.barryboys.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    good idea, but by the time one of the cars crosses the finish line, you'd be past 100 y.o. and dead

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.