Turn on thread page Beta

We Are The World 25 for Haiti (New Video) - what do you think? watch

Announcements

Here's the new music video

Do you like it? I love Celine Dion :love: - Wyclef was just funny and T-pain :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    I saw this earlier today and yeah wtf t-pain haha ...who is the girl playing guitar?:love:

Jenifer Hudson's voice is amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    The auto-tune was terrible. I don't know why they have to have it in there, it all sounds exactly the same and just doesn't fit with this type of song at all. The rap part consisted of twenty rappers just shouting into microphones, it sounded awful. Had it been someone like Eminem it may have worked because he can blend well into songs. The split screen is awful, its such a poor job for a video like this. The fact it is for a good cause if the only thing good about this.

ReputationRep:
    lol, wth was wyclef doing?

(Original post by Devel)
    The auto-tune was terrible. I don't know why they have to have it in there, it all sounds exactly the same and just doesn't fit with this type of song at all. The rap part consisted of twenty rappers just shouting into microphones, it sounded awful. Had it been someone like Eminem it may have worked because he can blend well into songs. The split screen is awful, its such a poor job for a video like this. The fact it is for a good cause if the only thing good about this.
    I know, it didn't suit the song at all. At least Lil wayne tried to sing, if you can even call it that :rolleyes:
    I think LL cool J did most of the shouting, he has a very rough voice - not good :erm: and seeing Kanye on the video just pissed me off, don't like the guy at all!
    Pink, Jennifer + Celine did a very good job :top:

(Original post by snowshine)
    lol, wth was wyclef doing?
    I know right? :p: he's just funny and he could've at least sang properly for couple of seconds

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, another one.

ReputationRep:
    I liked how all the people who clearly can't sing got massive voice changers through the computer.. Shame the rap part was so out of place 'cause I didn't think it was all bad.

Justin Bieber getting the first line makes me wanna kick his dead corpse just that little bit harder.

(Original post by HumanNature1992)
    I saw this earlier today and yeah wtf t-pain haha ...who is the girl playing guitar? :love:

Jenifer Hudson's voice is amazing!!
    Orianthi Panagaris - Australian singer/guitarist

(Original post by Peachz)
    I liked how all the people who clearly can't sing got massive voice changers through the computer.. Shame the rap part was so out of place 'cause I didn't think it was all bad.

Justin Bieber getting the first line makes me wanna kick his dead corpse just that little bit harder.
    Yeah, I agree with that, especially t-pain cos he's solo was quite long.
    :rofl: with the Justin comment, he should've been somewhere in the middle :rolleyes: look at the bright side, at least he didn't get a huge part

Justin Bieber just ruined it :facepalm:and it was only 1 second in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    Yeah, I agree with that, especially t-pain cos he's solo was quite long.
    :rofl: with the Justin comment, he should've been somewhere in the middle :rolleyes: look at the bright side, at least he didn't get a huge part

Or not on it at all :P. I guess.. overall not a bad performance by the celebs who only give a crap when a natural disaster happpens. :woo:

It's alot better than Simon Cowells song which is a negative song. "Everybody hurts" :dry: at least this is optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    Justin Bieber =/
    Enough said.

Edit: Nick Jonas too.

God, they annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    Wyclef Jean makes that song. :rofl:

But seriously, I liked it. Although the autotune thing confused me.

(Original post by Indieboohoo)
    Justin Bieber just ruined it :facepalm:and it was only 1 second in
    Haha, true that little kid is just annoying, I bet he only got a part because of Usher :rolleyes:
    Kanye West got a huge part as well and this kind of song is better without rap in it (especially if it's Kanye's rap) :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    I stopped after the first chorus... the song's terrible, never mind the singers.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I dislike myself for it, now that I associate Haiti with Justin Bieber I can only feel contempt for the cause.

ReputationRep:
    I love it.

That's my favourite song, and I didn't realise it'd been re-recorded. Watch it thinking I'd hate it, but I've not.

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was really nice. Better than 'Do they know its christmas'.

I was liking it until the rapping bit started! :/ Not so keen on that bit - but still like it anyway.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.