Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So Stressed Out!!! Scratched someone's car - HELP. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potential Trigger)
    Good advice.

And some more for the OP-You are a tit and a half for alerting her when she was driving off. I mean I understand the note writing part-you have to cover yourself legally because of cameras, witnesses e.t.c but considering she was driving off, well you shouldn't have rushed to get her.

I would have left it as fate
    So, you would have left? Just because she didnt notice, doesnt mean she doesnt care. How annoyed would you have been to come back to your car, find a scratch, and no one offering to pay for it?

Why should she have to pay out (or claim) for someone elses bad driving (easy mistake however, just making a point)?

ReputationRep:
    i'd of legged it. probably had it coming to her.

ReputationRep:
    a 3 inch scratch on my dads mitsubishi lancer cost £900 to repair. That made his premium jump like LeBron

ReputationRep:
    I t bones a car in 2015, had been driving for 1 month. I absolutely wrecked both cars!

Anyway I'm about to finish my first year of driving and my insurance has gone down from 1700 to 850 so I don't know what the fuss is about.

ReputationRep:
    I think you did the right thing by leaving a note. Scratching a car is nothing compared to what I was involved in yesterday which was a car collision totally my fault on a crossroad. I still am not over the shock. Regarding parking cars get scratched sometimes as someone had scratched mine.

A scratch shouldn't affect your premium that much. You can shop around next year. You might lose if this lady does claim for her company. You could try to negotiate getting the scratch repaired yourself if she will agree. Hope this helps
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Learndriving)
    I think you did the right thing by leaving a note. Scratching a car is nothing compared to what I was involved in yesterday which was a car collision totally my fault on a crossroad. I still am not over the shock. Regarding parking cars get scratched sometimes as someone had scratched mine.

A scratch shouldn't affect your premium that much. You can shop around next year. You might lose if this lady does claim for her company. You could try to negotiate getting the scratch repaired yourself if she will agree. Hope this helps
    No one has replied to this thread in nearly a year...

ReputationRep:
    I noticed after posting

ReputationRep:
    If someone took out a claim on me wild my insurance send me a letter etc
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Korine b)
    If someone took out a claim on me wild my insurance send me a letter etc
    Yes.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 19, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.