Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just say he's got a gun.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry you'll soon descend into gang violence, drug addiction, gang rapes and end up dead from a drive by. Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Get her to sleep with a black man. She'll soon change her mind.
    LOL that was brilliant. I will rep you once im back from work.

OP, you are 18 and this is your decision, I would try to find out your mother's logic behind her dislike towards your boyfriend, and then reason with her. If this dosent work (which I dont suspect it will) then you need to let her know that she needs to respect your decision and that her perception of ethnic minorities is outdated. Perhaps get your boyfriend to meet her.

Im half african/asian, and I experienced a similar problem with my ex gf's mum (who was white). This factor played a crucial role in the break up, which i still regret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WizardandRattle)
    I think you are a disrace, lowering yourself to dating negros. Can you not get a white man ?
    pfft, white men are soo 19th century.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are a disrace, lowering yourself to dating negros. Can you not get a white man ?
    I think you are a disgrace, lowering yourself to trolling all the time. Can you not do anything better with your time ?

ReputationRep:
    I've not been in exactly your situation but I often hear similar comments from ignorant people. I refuse to have a conversation about it: you're never going to able to have a mature discussion with people like that so why bother? Just ignore it and get on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her if she would prefer you dated girls instead, that might shut her up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotCoco.)
    My mother discriminates against asian people. I,too,find this hurtful as many of my friends are asian and I feel I can't invite them to my house without her insulting/rudely ignoring them. Your mum is in the wrong, not you, so until she finds some actual REAL reasons not to like this guy, beyond his skin colour, just ignore her comments and carry on.
    my family discriminates again non indian looking people and i can't bring blacks, whites or chinese over. . I hate racist people i.e. my parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    my family discriminates again non indian looking people and i can't bring blacks, whites or chinese over. . I hate racist people i.e. my parents.

if your parents are racist why are they living in a white nation.
    i am not disrespecting you in anyway but if i was to go to india i would not discriminate against indians.

ReputationRep:
    So says the mud coloured ethnic.
    Sorry, whos scoring white girls ?
    hmm ?
    Who will be continuing to do so ? Ah yes, this 'mud coloured ethnic'.

and who will continue to baww about the fact that noone gives a **** about the preservation of his race ?

Oh yes, the intellectually and sexually challenged scabs of society such as yourself.

What's the problem dude, cant score a white girl ? YEAH LETS BLAME THE ETHNICS FOR OUR PROBLEMS CAUSE WE R SO SUPERIOR.

shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    Well at least you're not like many kids who take on thier parents views and then in turn also become racists. So respect to you.
    This.
    Just ignore her, OP, and hope that she eventually gets bored of the insults and starts to just accept him

ReputationRep:
    Does she realise what she is doing is wrong? Like dies she act nice to him when he's around?

If she does act in an acceptable manner around him, maybe you could get her to realise that he and his heritage isn't that weird and that he actually is a nice guy. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Have they met? Perhaps if your mum met him she could see past her clearly stupid thoughts of race and then everyones happy

Even if it doesnt go to plan what have to got to lose? Just inform your boyfriend first and have dinner together or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    if your parents are racist why are they living in a white nation.
    i am not disrespecting you in anyway but if i was to go to india i would not discriminate against indians.
    I ask myself that everyday Sassy. The honest answer is, i don't know.

ReputationRep:
    if i had a daughter i just know i wouldnt want her going out with a black man

ReputationRep:
    My word. It's these threads that really sieve the isht out of TSR. We all know who the divs are when they end up posting in these threads...

ReputationRep:
    *hugs*

No real advice, but good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    if i had a daughter i just know i wouldnt want her going out with a black man
    Let's hope you're infertile. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a hillbilly from the 1880s, seriously enter this century...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Let's hope you're infertile. :yy:

and why's that may i ask

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.