Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    lol you nonce

so you're saying that, because the title is 'racist mother' i assumed that the mother was racist.

YES, yes I did.

I said 'She's probably just worried he'll get you into drugs or beat you up.'

because she is RACIST this is what she probably thinks, because it is RACIST thinking.

I didnt say 'its because he'll get you into drugs or beat you up'

which would be me being racist.

sheesh. everyone is so quick to call racist.
    Ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRamAlot)
    Just say he's got a gun.
    You know you've applied to all the universities that a friend of mine has at school for the same subject. Your name doesn't begin with isn't Fai*** M**** is it?? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    You know you've applied to all the universities that a friend of mine has at school for the same subject. Your name doesn't begin with isn't Fai*** M**** is it?? haha
    Nah lol, my name begins with a T.

ReputationRep:
    tell her you cant help who you like

ReputationRep:
    Firslty, :facepalm: to all the racists on here, but to some extent i understand why your mum might have that view, because black males have that player image around them, which they live up to. Like my grand ma (white), was pissed of with my mum for dating my dad. Because my gran was impregnate my my grand dad (black) who just left her, because of this she wasnt keen on my mum having to face the same problems she faced.. im happy to say both my parents are still together, and my granma has realised that everybody is different, you simply cannot judge everbody based race.......

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmm..as I read through this thread, I am baffled by some of the comments...but again, we are in a free world......My question is "what is wrong with being black"? ..Now I understand there might be some crazy responses to this question...(which I will ignore), ........Mandela is black, Ben Carson is black, Muhammad Ali is black, Denzel Washington is black, Kofi Anna is black, James Brown is black, Pele is black, Martin Luther King is black...and the list goes on. I have decided not to mention "black " great men/women who are mixed (e.g Obama) because some might argue they are not black...but mixed.....

However, it is obvious that all the names I mentioned are great black people who had made a difference around the world...some made such a great impact, that a whole day is dedicated to them e.g. Martin Luther King day, Mandela Day.......while I understand there is this stereotype of "gangster-crap", mainly among the black community, we all have to understand that all races have negatives associated with them also..e.g white-trash, Italian mafias......And, frankly, while there is nothing inherently wrong with being a rapper/gangster, I understand that such labels tend to attract "violence"....However, there are rappers out there that I have the utmost respect for and who are making a positive impact in the world and their communities....e.g. Jay Z.

Bottom line is that, the skin of the individual is such a superficial way of judging an individual. Your character is who you are... Personally, I wouldn't want my daughter to date a black young man (who doesnt seem to have a goal or direction in life or a white/Asian/whatever young man who is showing signs of no direction in life or who has a bad character or mannerism...( I am black by the way)...However, if any of the aforementioned race had a good character, a purpose and goal in life....then the skin-color is not necessary....I doubt if any white person here would have a problem with their daughter dating a black man who ended up becoming someone like Mandela, or Martin Luther King, or Ben Carson or Obama someday.

People, it is time we see it is the character of a man that makes who he is...not his/her color.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WizardandRattle)
    I think you are a disrace, lowering yourself to dating negros. Can you not get a white man ?
    dat sounded racist to me.....dont call black ppl negros cos am black too nd dats racist.

neway its her choice if she dates blacks.....we are human beings too, its love...u cant help who u fall in love with.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    I had exactly the same problem with my mum. I was going on out with an indian girl and my parents hated it, so did hers to be fair. My dad never really brought anything up, but whenever I'd ask my mum for money or to go out somewhere with her, she'd randomly snap at me and you'd have to be on the receiving end of it to understand all of it. It's hard but if you tell your parents straight that you like him and you can accept him for who he is, they should in turn too, and if they can't accept it then they should just shut up. Ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    You guys must feel heartbroken that Akai won Got to Dance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetness345)
    dat sounded racist to me.....dont call black ppl negros cos am black too nd dats racist.

neway its her choice if she dates blacks.....we are human beings too, its love...u cant help who u fall in love with.:mad:
    Please drop the ghetto slang.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    yes she probably is stereotyping and generalising

yay lets hope disabled people are infertile too and stupid people. just because somone is racist it doesnt mean you can wish ill on them :/
    Why not? If someone is a prejudiced **** then wishing ill upon them seems pretty fair.

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaaaay to racism! huzzah!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, if someone wants their opinion to be taken seriously then they should at least attempt to use proper spelling and grammar.

ReputationRep:

Originally Posted by sweetness345

neway its her choice if she dates blacks.....we are human beings too, its love...u cant help who u fall in love with.

You mean to say, type out your words correctly? The statement is inherently not a slang.....I am sure u wanted to be funny and probably indirectly insult sweetness345...but unfortunately u ended up making a fool of yourself.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    she has a point tho
    That point is?

The sooner people start to realise us black people are just people the sooner we can finally move on from this backward attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oocon)
    Exactly, if someone wants their opinion to be taken seriously then they should at least attempt to use proper spelling and grammar.
    Nothing inherently wrong with the grammar....more like the spellings....This is an informal forum, so maybe it is okay to type with abbreviations?....

ReputationRep:
    I never realised TSR had so many racist users, its disgusting.

Tell her we are living in the 21st century...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    I never realised TSR had so many racist users, its disgusting.
    Coming from a 16 year old, I applaud your wise words...it is indeed disgusting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdVein)
    Why not? If someone is a prejudiced **** then wishing ill upon them seems pretty fair.
    Because my mum says so

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.