Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Bagration)
    she has a point tho
    :eek: and what is that point?

well shes an idiot. She lets you date guys and have sex with them just because its labled "boyfriend" but she gets all touchy and protective if the dudes black?

Meh, you have a messed up mother. Just learn from her and don't turn out to be her.

I am Indian and I am going out with a White guy. My family are completely against interrracial relationships. My mum found out and wasn't happy about it at all. She said that we can keep this a secret between us. I don't mind going out with people of other races, but would never consider marrying one, so there is no need for the rest of my family to know about this.

Before anyone asks the typical idiotic question of what my family is doing in a foreign country when they hold such views: they came here to get richer - they didn't come here to befriend people of other races. When the British invaded our country, they didn't go there because they liked us, did they? Hmm... so why are people so confused when it happens the other way round?

I completely understand my family's perspective, but I'm having too much fun to end things.

Lots of people are racist, OP. This is not a big deal. If my boyfriend's family hated Indians, I wouldn't care in the slightest lol.

Thank you for all your advice etc. it was helpful hearing other people's views on this situation. The amount of racist comments are unbelievable, but I'm not surprised, this is the internet after all. :rolleyes:
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.