The Student Room Group

Mental health nursing - where to apply?

Hey,

I'm really passionate about studying mental health nursing, and know that is DEFINITELY what I would like to do. However, I'm unsure about how to go about choosing what Uni I would like to study this at - any advice? How did you decide?

How do I find out the drop-out rate for unis?

The criteria most important to me are the education, and how employers look upon degrees from different unis.
rachiesy
Hey,
<snip>

The criteria most important to me are the education, and how employers look upon degrees from different unis.

by and large the HEI which you attended pre-registration makes little or no difference in Nursing, because at band 5 and 6 level employers are more interested in whether you can do the job

at band 6and 7 they will be more interested in your post reg / post grad education than your pre-reg
Reply 2
I personally don't think it makes any difference what-so ever! you'll still come out with a degree/diploma but here's the league table :

Nusing league table of top UK universities
1 Portsmouth
2 Manchester
3 Leeds
4 Surrey
5 Nottingham
6 King's College London
7 Liverpool
8 Sheffield
9 Thames Valley
10 Bradford
11 Southampton
12 Cardiff
13 City
14 Northumbria
15 De Montfort
16 Salford
17 Glamorgan
18 Edinburgh
19 Huddersfield
20 Anglia Ruskin
21 West of England

Just choose which Uni you like the most. Go to Open days etc.. look up mental health nursing on the Uni websites and compare them.

Latest