Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'd feel more liberated if i could just be me without thinking, but if i just behaved as me, I probably wouldn't be liked by most people. I feel really trapped right now behaving as I do, but I imagine it's better for others taht I behave how I do. They wouldn't like me otherwise anyway...I know that from early school years when I'd be "me".

I'm not sure if the positive effect of me suppressing myself outweighs the negative it has on me. I want to feel liberated, I used to when I behaved as me. I hate having to check everything I say and hide who I am.

Stay true to yourself, for example i come raw on this forum just like how im raw in real life, some folks pos rep me others neg me

honestly, its better for you to have friends who like the real you because eventually the real you will come out and no one likes fake people.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.