Turn on thread page Beta

Bring back the Roman Empire watch

ReputationRep:
    Bring back the British Empire I say

ReputationRep:
    They did build the best buildings and have the best art after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Sure, I'll just give Caecilius a ring.
    I would prefer to see the return of Caligula, and not just because he was a kinky git who knew how to have a good time

(Original post by vin)
    brilliant because someone like you would get crucified :w00t:
    Nah we'd use this stuff:

Observe!

(Original post by Al_Funcoot)
    But what did the Romans ever do for us?
    Your right!

But apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Romans were backwards compared to the progressive Greeks. Just look at Roman mathematics for example.

A real philistine culture.

Did they achieve a lot?

I am not convinced. The more I know about the classics the more I see how they held Europe back - not propelled it forward.

What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    Katyn.
    Holocaust.

(Original post by Stalin)
    Holocaust.
    My great-grandfather always said the Russians where much worse than the Germans, as apparently the russians did not quite know what a watch was and also had a tendency to urinate in places where they later slept. He described them as animals. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    My great-grandfather always said the Russians where much worse than the Germans, as apparently the russians did not quite know what a watch was and also had a tendency to urinate in places where they later slept. He described them as animals. Meh.
    It's a good thing he never met the Nazis then.

It's a good thing he never met the Nazis then.
    Oh he did. He said they were jolly fellows. Well not really, but at least they were human. Apparently. Also the Russians happened to steal half of our country, which is now in Belarus and the Ukraine. Most distressing stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Oh he did. He said they were jolly fellows. Well not really, but at least they were human. Apparently. Also the Russians happened to steal half of our country, which is now in Belarus and the Ukraine. Most distressing stuff.
    The last time I checked the people of Belarus were Belarussian and the people of Ukraine were Ukrainian.

The last time I checked the people of Belarus were Belarussian and the people of Ukraine were Ukrainian.
    Yes but half of Belarus and a third of the Ukraine belonged to Poland before the war, also the Lithuanian capital, Vilnius was 50% Polish before the war whereas Lithuanians constituted like 10% of the populations. Also Lviv, currently in the Ukraine is in essence a Polish city and was the 3rd polish city before the war. Russians stole it. Also they facilitated the holocaust, not really stopped it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but half of Belarus and a third of the Ukraine belonged to Poland before the war, also the Lithuanian capital, Vilnius was 50% Polish before the war whereas Lithuanians constituted like 10% of the populations. Also Lviv, currently in the Ukraine is in essence a Polish city and was the 3rd polish city before the war. Russians stole it. Also they facilitated the holocaust, not really stopped it.
    New York(or New Amsterdam) was founded by and used to belong to the Netherlands, what's your point?

New York(or New Amsterdam) was founded by and used to belong to the Netherlands, what's your point?
    You're quite stupid, you have no argument whatsoever. Cheerio commie twit.

ReputationRep:
    Roman civilisation?
    Do you know where the Romans got the IDEA of a civilisation from?
    If anything, we should bring back the Egyptian Empire.

ReputationRep:
    You're quite stupid, you have no argument whatsoever. Cheerio commie twit.
    I used to end my arguments like that when I was 12 too, so don't worry about it, as soon as you drop the absurd levels of ignorance you have, you'll feel better.

Remember, you're probably part Russian(or East Slavic in general) due to the mass rape they commited in Poland - now wouldn't that be ironic? :rolleyes:

I used to end my arguments like that when I was 12 too, so don't worry about it, as soon as you drop the absurd levels of ignorance you have, you'll feel better.

Remember, you're probably part Russian(or East Slavic in general) due to the mass rape they commited in Poland - now wouldn't that be ironic? :rolleyes:
    Actually I can trace my ancestry back to the 16-17th century with relative ease. No russians really. Also russians aren't fully slavic at all they have high amounts of finnic and mongol admixtures.

Also you're a 16 or so year old who idolises one of the greatest mass murderers in human history. You're clearly mentally unstable I simply refuse to argue with people like you anymore. Also you're probably a peasant.

ReputationRep:
    Also you're a 16 or so year old who idolises one of the greatest mass murderers in human history. You're clearly mentally unstable I simply refuse to argue with people like you anymore. Also you're probably a peasant.
    Don't let my UCAS application fool you, I'm far from 16,

Yes, I'm a peasant, who happens to live in one of the biggest cities in Europe, I'd say I'm a pretty noble peasant wouldn't you? I idolise the greatest leader of the 20th century and one of the greatest of all time, who happened to save your joke of a country, I think you could make a little more effort by claiming that he's one of the greatest mass murderers in human history, wouldn't you say?

Refuse if you wish to, it's simply a sign of weakness, however I'll let you get on with your trolling, you're not worth anymore of my time - am I not merciful?

ReputationRep:
    Actually I can trace my ancestry back to the 16-17th century with relative ease. No russians really. Also russians aren't fully slavic at all they have high amounts of finnic and mongol admixtures.
    Knowing your comportment on TSR, your parents are very wise not to tell you the truth, or you'd end up cutting your wrists if they told you about your Russian blood.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.