Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Moving in with boyfriend next year watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (I'm not sure if this is the right forum)

In september my boyfriend and I will both be university students, we both want to move in together. I was wondering how we could do this? can we get couple accommodation or just go to an estate agent?. We will be both matured students living off the NHS bursaries.

Any help would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    It is possible to get accomodation on campus for the first year where you are able to share with your boyfriend or yes just like you said you would need to find yourself a place (i'm guessing renting if you're living off bursaries) near the universitity which is cheap and will accodate both yourself and your boyfriend. However first, looking at your signature you haven't got an offer yet and so who knows you might get offers from different universities which you must take, so just be patient for the moment, however it's good I suppose that you're looking this far ahead
    i hope i have helped a little

ReputationRep:
    I live with my boyfriend. He is 2 years older than me and did halls+private rented before i started uni, in my first year i lived in halls, which was a really good experience.

currently we live in a 2 bed flat together which works realy well since we have a study, however i think its more expenseive than living in university accommodation.

bear in mind that the university couples accomodation is usualy only available for those who are married and/or have a baby, but obviously this varies from uni to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamsFanNo1)
    It is possible to get accomodation on campus for the first year where you are able to share with your boyfriend or yes just like you said you would need to find yourself a place (i'm guessing renting if you're living off bursaries) near the universitity which is cheap and will accodate both yourself and your boyfriend. However first, looking at your signature you haven't got an offer yet and so who knows you might get offers from different universities which you must take, so just be patient for the moment, however it's good I suppose that you're looking this far ahead
    i hope i have helped a little

We both applied for the same universities so hopefully we will end up together. I'm just thinking a head. Thank you for your help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.