The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Me too :smile: but mines on monday :erm: .. got an A at gcse but i haven't done maths since then and i'm revising for it lol
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
awh cool! good luck with it :smile:
Reply 3
Hello!
I have my assessment in march.
What can I expect on it? Is there any test or exam or is it a conversation?
I have no idea. Please help.
I am not from UK so your answer will be very helpful as I will have a chance to improve my English, the vocabulary etc.
I will be very grateful!
Cheers!
ada07
Hello!
I am not from UK so your answer will be very helpful as I will have a chance to improve my English, the vocabulary etc.
I will be very grateful!
Cheers!

Well theres a maths test where you have get 12 out of 22 to pass and then the people who pass get split into groups and you have a group interview where basically you have to introduce yourself, why you wanna go lcf and study that course and simple questions like that. also you talk about current fashion issues or anything in the news (such as mcqueen)

They should have sent you an email containing what some of the maths questions are like if they've given you a date
Reply 5
Thank you very much!
Today I got the e-mail with all the informations.
But thx for mentioning how many point are necessary to pass. I hope it will be easy :wink:
And could you tell me about the way they look at the abroad students during the conversation. I do mistakes in English and I am worry about it. You found it better to talk less but correctly or more even with the mistakes? (sorry for such stupid question but you know... it is a big thing for me)
And of course congratulations for you all :smile:

xxx
ada07
Thank you very much!
Today I got the e-mail with all the informations.
But thx for mentioning how many point are necessary to pass. I hope it will be easy :wink:
And could you tell me about the way they look at the abroad students during the conversation. I do mistakes in English and I am worry about it. You found it better to talk less but correctly or more even with the mistakes? (sorry for such stupid question but you know... it is a big thing for me)
And of course congratulations for you all :smile:

xxx

No probz :smile: erm the international students were treated just the same, especially as they had a lot experience so don't keep 2 quiet, be enthusiastic. All of us were messin up as we were all nervous so don't worry! Just be yourself :biggrin:
Reply 7
ada07
Hello!
I will be very grateful!
Cheers!

Hi! I have my assessment in march too! is yours the 22nd? Thank you everyone for your advice aswell, i really appreciate it!
Reply 8
yep! the 22nd :smile:
Reply 9
cool, i'll see u there! do u know what ur wearing yet? i'm not sure whether heels and a dress would be too dressy! ..or jeans to casual!
Reply 10
I have a huge problem to make up my mind about the outfit. I think I'll go for heels and jeans with sth more elegant plus some young and fresh accessorize :smile: but I don't know yet. defo it is important what to wear so I hope we will choose well :smile:
and still the biggest problem for me is the interview as I have no idea what to expect... (of course assuming the math test won't kill me :smile:
ada07
I have a huge problem to make up my mind about the outfit. I think I'll go for heels and jeans with sth more elegant plus some young and fresh accessorize :smile: but I don't know yet. defo it is important what to wear so I hope we will choose well :smile:
and still the biggest problem for me is the interview as I have no idea what to expect... (of course assuming the math test won't kill me :smile:

i wore jeans, a casual vest top, peep toe ankle boots and a pattern blazer, there was s huge variety in how formal people went for it! some looked like the were ready for a night out, and others were wearing kind of everyday clothes so its up to you really!

I didnt find the maths test too hard, but a surprising amount of people didnt pass it, like out of the 70 people at the start of the day, only 30 made it to the interview!
Then in the interview, in my group they asked us about an experience we had with teamwork, then we had to discuss something that was topical in fashion, and then we had to give them a reason why we should be picked!(make sure you have that prepared!)

all in all it wasnt too bad!

Latest

Trending

Trending