Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Ok, so it's past midnight, my insurance started at 0:01am, but when I try to apply for a tax disc, I get the following message:

Insurance could not be found
    PLEASE ALLOW 24 HOURS FOR YOUR INSURANCE RECORD TO BE UPDATED BEFORE YOU USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN.

IF YOU DO USE THIS SERVICE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS, YOUR TRANSACTION WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL.
    I need to drive my car later today, should I be worried?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    PeterR isn't sure about being insured.
    Hey

Ok, so it's past midnight, my insurance started at 0:01am, but when I try to apply for a tax disc, I get the following message:

I need to drive my car later today, should I be worried?

Thanks
    I wouldn't think so. I assume that the car is already taxed. And the insurance documents would say exactly when the cover starts.
    You might get pulled over by police, if that happens that you may have to produce the documents at a police station.

ReputationRep:
    The car is not presently taxed.

ReputationRep:
    If your car is not taxed, do not drive it.

If your car is taxed, but just doesn't have a tax disk, then it is legal to drive it. Police can confirm that it is taxed on record by radioing a request, so if you do get pulled over it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    If your car is not taxed, do not drive it.

If your car is taxed, but just doesn't have a tax disk, then it is legal to drive it. Police can confirm that it is taxed on record by radioing a request, so if you do get pulled over it's fine.
    I really do appreciate the reply, but you're not answering my question: why the hell is the online tax system playing games with me?

ReputationRep:
    because its not a working day so your insrance that you only justy took out has not had time to be added to the national insurance database ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Night_Hawk)
    because its not a working day so your insrance that you only justy took out has not had time to be added to the national insurance database ok?

please watch http://www.kingtastyshirts.com/?e=f9...984afa4480a6d6
    Is this an automated thing? Will it occur today sometime?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterR)
    It may take a working day to update.

ReputationRep:
    Highly unlikely,i drove with out tax for 4 month and never got pulled over so the chances of getting pulled up are extremly extremly low

ReputationRep:
    This service is still not working.

Do you reckon it'd be worth contacting my insurer and seeing what the problem is?

ReputationRep:
    Its a Sunday I doubt it will go through. Why not go and get it taxed tomorrow morning at the post office if online still doesn't work? (Assuming your PO's aren't open today) The problem will be that its a Sunday. I had my insurance start from yesterday, but because I arranged it before I assume that is why mine is on there.

ReputationRep:
    My insurance took 2 weeks to show on the database so i could tax the bike, in hte end i just took it to the post office

ReputationRep:
    http://www.askmid.com/

ReputationRep:
    Most servers update their records overnight, and do a full backup on sundays, meaning that it should update tonight at 00:00 ish. So if you tried tonight at 01:00 it will probably work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R. Murray)
    http://www.askmid.com/
    £3.50 please.

ReputationRep:
    £3.50 please.
    http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/

Free.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.