Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know this is just another pathetic "does he like me?" post, but I'm really trying to decide whether or not it's worth thinking about. I'm not one of those silly kind of girls, usually, but a while ago I was in a shop in town and the sales guy was young, good looking, funny etc. and we got on really well. He spent a couple of hours just chatting to me even though he was working, and said it was because he didn't normally get to meet "such a pretty girl" at work. There was a lot of banter between us, he was telling me stories about himself and making fun of my accent (irish ha) and I didn't think much of it when I finally left.
    I've been in the shop since, with friends to buy things, etc, and if he's been there he always recognised me and would start chatting again, again lots of jokes and banter even if a different sales person was helping me.
    The other day I was in the shop and asked how I was and how I was getting on and I said I'd had a problem with something I'd bought in the shop and he said to come and speak to him when my friend (who was buying something) was finished. So we were about to leave for a coffee and he came outside after me and said to come speak to him about it. He then seemed a bit put out I hadn't been to speak to him for a while (he said he'd seen me in the shop but I'd always gone to a different person) and said in future to always ask him - gave me an email address/number to contact him - if I had any problems. Again we spent a couple of hours chatting and joking with each other.

Sorry it's so long but I just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on this? He's probably just a flirty person and I don't want to read too much into it because getting on well with people is part of his job, but I really feel like we got on too well to ignore.

bump bump

ReputationRep:
    there are more pressing issues, no?

ReputationRep:
    Of course he likes you, do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him to a movie!

ReputationRep:
    schoolstudent, if you take that attitude towards everything in life you won't get far. why bother applying to uni, or worrying about friends or family or life in general if "there are more pressing issues"? of course there are, but people like you need to chill out and realise that you can't see everything in perspective all the time.

also:

"if i ever have kids and they are upset, i won't tell them that there are people starving in Africa or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they are upset. and even if somebody has it much worse that doesn't change the fact that you have what you have."

OP, it sounds like he's just one of those people who flirt and charm their way through life. could be worth a try though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohvirginia)
    schoolstudent, if you take that attitude towards everything in life you won't get far. why bother applying to uni, or worrying about friends or family or life in general if "there are more pressing issues"? of course there are, but people like you need to chill out and realise that you can't see everything in perspective all the time.

also:

"if i ever have kids and they are upset, i won't tell them that there are people starving in Africa or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they are upset. and even if somebody has it much worse that doesn't change the fact that you have what you have."

OP, it sounds like he's just one of those people who flirt and charm their way through life. could be worth a try though?
    tell that to this guy:
    (well i was going to post a picture of a starving person here, but then i looked for a picture and they were all too shocking, and i decided it'd be too far...anyway i'm pretty sure that the guys in those pictures, if still alive, wouldn't take too kindly to the idea that people who think it'd be a good idea to help them are being told to "chill out" instead)

ReputationRep:
    hahaha fair enough i see your point but if we thought about it all the time no one would ever have any fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know this is just another pathetic "does he like me?" post, but I'm really trying to decide whether or not it's worth thinking about. I'm not one of those silly kind of girls, usually, but a while ago I was in a shop in town and the sales guy was young, good looking, funny etc. and we got on really well. He spent a couple of hours just chatting to me even though he was working, and said it was because he didn't normally get to meet "such a pretty girl" at work. There was a lot of banter between us, he was telling me stories about himself and making fun of my accent (irish ha) and I didn't think much of it when I finally left.
    I've been in the shop since, with friends to buy things, etc, and if he's been there he always recognised me and would start chatting again, again lots of jokes and banter even if a different sales person was helping me.
    The other day I was in the shop and asked how I was and how I was getting on and I said I'd had a problem with something I'd bought in the shop and he said to come and speak to him when my friend (who was buying something) was finished. So we were about to leave for a coffee and he came outside after me and said to come speak to him about it. He then seemed a bit put out I hadn't been to speak to him for a while (he said he'd seen me in the shop but I'd always gone to a different person) and said in future to always ask him - gave me an email address/number to contact him - if I had any problems. Again we spent a couple of hours chatting and joking with each other.

Sorry it's so long but I just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on this? He's probably just a flirty person and I don't want to read too much into it because getting on well with people is part of his job, but I really feel like we got on too well to ignore.
    What type of shop is this for crying out loud?

The guy asked for your email address and or phone number for Pete sake!

As someone else said, he likes you... ask the dude out, he obviously feels he cant make that step for some reason or another.

It was a phone shop, lol. So maybe he was just trying to like be friendly and salesman-ish? And he could just be one of those flirty types because it helps him sell things. I don't want to get carried away but it was one of those things where I keep thinking about him! Lame!

ReputationRep:
    if you have to bump your thread you know it's terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superman19)
    if you have to bump your thread you know it's terrible.
    well this thread supports what you're saying: she "knows this is lame"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Put the puzzle pieces together more? He likes you doh.

i bumped it cos it took a while to be approved, not-so-superman.
    thanks for the replies everyone i still think it's probably just his personality but cos of problems with my phone i need to go back in sometime soon so i'll see how it goes

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but... actually i had a saleswoman i chatted to in a phone shop very similiarly, and she gave me her number. Either i'm very good at charming women in their late twenties (!) or it's a very odd attempt to improve 'personal service'. Was it a phones 4 u? was it a personal or work email?

p.s. how often do you visit phones shops??!!

Lol, no I agree with you kinda. Which is why I'm not jumping right in there and asking him out :P as I doubt it meant much! It was work email but alsooo he told me his own number. I didn't take it though because I didn't know whether he meant anything by it or not. It wasn't phones4u.
    And I visit them a lot recently because I've been sorting out problematic phone insurance, also 2 of my best friends have happened to be buying phones when I've been in town with them

Also he was probably a little older than me so I'm not sure. Although he must have known I was a student because of my university email address.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.