Turn on thread page Beta

becoming a concert pianist watch

ReputationRep:
    Also, in only a few years you won't have the musical background like someone who's been playing for years and years will have. You've got a lot of work to do!

ReputationRep:
    well i got merit but that is before i started really practising and besides it was due to my sight reading at the time that get me marked down. i have been playing the moonlight sonata mvt 3, arabesque no 1, clair de lune etc

(Original post by Ian1992)
    you assume i mean i want to be a famous concert pianist who is world renowned and is the best but there are plenty who aren't but are still really good and i would just like to play piano for a living, is that so bad?
    If you want to play the piano for a living, it might be more sensible to work towards the diplomas and become a music teacher.

The oft-quoted figure is that most 'experts' have 10,000 hours of practice. Given your late start, it is unfortunately going to be very difficult for you to catch-up to the thousands of others who also want to be concert pianists and have been playing for hours every day since they were 5.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.