Turn on thread page Beta

Wrecked my car ---> Hit a curb! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So I ended up wrecking my car the other day. I lost control of the car in the snow, and hit a curb.

Anyway, I have pics of the damage. Can someone tell me what this part is called? Its the part that appears cracked in the picture below:

ReputationRep:
    The bit which looks cracked is the wishbone, but I doubt that is all you will have knackered.

Is that the front end of a RWD car? If so you might have escaped any major damage.

ReputationRep:
    There is no body damage. The front axle is still in tact. You will notice from pics that the rotor is shattered, but thats about all I can see.

ReputationRep:
    HOW THE HELL.... ok calm, yea thats alot of carnage there... Looks like the a arm and the rotor are gone... the torque on the front end might have messed up much more than that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texan88)
    HOW THE HELL.... ok calm, yea thats alot of carnage there... Looks like the a arm and the rotor are gone... the torque on the front end might have messed up much more than that
    It was a pretty legit blow. It was a steep road, and the car just glided like crazy, and hit the curb hands on. The wheel still rotates, its just the arm is shattered.

Rotor is only 29 bucks, and I can get a used arm from somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    You should probably check your suspension as well (as well as the top mountings), if they are bent they could have a serious effect on your toe and camber.

ReputationRep:
    As per Riderz and Grahame's post above.

Roter is a **** to replace on some cars...

ReputationRep:
    as said you wont know the full damage until you replace the obvious broke bits and get geometry checked. Could be lucky with just the obvious buts or you could have ****** the whole car bending subframe, suspension mounts etc and it be a write off.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.