Turn on thread page Beta

Is a netbook good enough for uni work? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    :lolwut: Is it made from 24ct gold? That's an awful lot of money for a netbook... what did you get with it?
    I wish!
    Well it includes the case cover and bag, so take off about £50. It was preeeety good when I got it, now it's just average.
    It's the Samsung N120 I think.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, netbooks are great. I have personally no problem with mine at all. Although, i must add, i do have exceptionally thin fingers for a guy haha. But being an artistic person you probably will have too. I have an Advent 4213 and think it's great; it's also so much easier to carry around with you too. I think i paid £270 for mine last year. It has XP but still good. I think quite a few use linux though; just your preference.

ReputationRep:
    A netbook with an 11.6" screen may well fit the bill. e.g. http://www.okobe.co.uk/ws/product/AS...6414?ref=1q4bs

for extended typing you could just use a full size USB keyboard .

ReputationRep:
    My gf uses a netbook exclusively at uni. She has an external keyboard/monitor, but doesn't use them that much. Typing on a netbook keyboard is actually incredibly fast once you get used to it, just the lack of screen space is the real issue. I also use a netbook for lectures, which is sync'd to be my main pc via dropbox

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.