Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel Maths C3 watch

Announcements

So, how's the revision going guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    What paper? Who questions are easier for these.
    dont worry its the jan 2010 paper last question but i found the mark scheme now so i dont need help ok

(Original post by dunnoaboutme)
    dont worry its the jan 2010 paper last question but i found the mark scheme now so i dont need help ok
    Ok no problem. I'm doing that paper in a minute coz I know its a difficult one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Ok no problem. I'm doing that paper in a minute coz I know its a difficult one.
    i just finished it

(Original post by dunnoaboutme)
    i just finished it
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    F(X)=X+(3/X-1)-(12/(X^2)+2X-3)

Prove that F(x)=((x^2)+3x+3)/x+3

It is a question from the specimen but i dont prove it.I dont know why.Is it wrong?Can anyone else try it too,please?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    those formulas are given so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    So, how's the revision going guys?
    It's going well Mrs Loz:yep:

I understand it all now i think it's just being slow and careful and not making a load of stupid mistakes....

And last exam on friday...:woo:

ReputationRep:
    i'm resitting it after mucking up royally in january, am sick to my stomach, need to get an A to get into uni. I thought I knew my stuff in january and got a C, so am dreading it tomorrow. any hints or tips?

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually looking forward to doing this one so I can properly concentrate on the 3(!) exams I've got on friday. Apart from some difficult trig questions, and somehow functions questions that I keep messing up on it seems to be all ok.

(Original post by MHorman)
    It's going well Mrs Loz:yep:

I understand it all now i think it's just being slow and careful and not making a load of stupid mistakes....

And last exam on friday...:woo:
    Awesome :woo: Fancy teaching me then? I have forgotten most of the stuff :\

ReputationRep:
    i got 81, resitting for the same reasons as OP. Tips? Know your trigs and differentiation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Awesome :woo: Fancy teaching me then? I have forgotten most of the stuff :\

Fire away, i'm sat here looking through my C3 stuff and attempting the odd question....

Ask me anything...

(Original post by MHorman)
    Fire away, i'm sat here looking through my C3 stuff and attempting the odd question....

Ask me anything...
    Ok difficult one.

Show that cos(2x + \frac{\pi}{3}) + cos(2x - \frac{\pi}{3}) = cos2x

ReputationRep:
    im re-sitting it... got an a in every past paper i did and came out with a b in january... 73 i think it was

ReputationRep:
    I got 54 in Jan :sigh: I'm retaking, getting B/As past papers which is fine because I am aiming for a B :rave: not up to TSR standards lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking it for the first time tomorrow & it feels horrible.. I don't know what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Magnificent KoloToure)
    I'm actually looking forward to doing this one so I can properly concentrate on the 3(!) exams I've got on friday. Apart from some difficult trig questions, and somehow functions questions that I keep messing up on it seems to be all ok.
    i have three also on friday so dont feel too bad, there are others...

how stupid can the exam boards get, im free soo many days in these exam period but not, lets lump together three high probability clash exams.

ReputationRep:
    Need to do well in this paper to save my C4! haha, trying for 90+ so I can get around 30 for C4 to get an A, my C4 is THAT bad...

ReputationRep:
    first time... just hoping it's straight forward, no massive trig identities q's (6 marks +)...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2010

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.